Bedrock Summer/Fall Release - 8/4/15

Indeed, it will likely be on the Winter Release.

Cuvee Karatas :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: Can’t wait. Still sitting on some 09’s. Morgan should I pop one soon?

First time buyer here, very excited!

JF

If you do, please tell us how it is. Still sitting on mine!

For what it’s worth, below are Morgan and Chris’s notes from their library tasting back in February of this year. I’m going to try and keep my hands off of them for another couple years if possible.

Rich

2009 Cuvee Karatas White Wine: This wine is just showing a glimpse of the Semillon character behind the dense primary fruit and oak and could use another 3-4 years in bottle at a minimum. Chris’s note is probably the best ,”starting to drink but unlike
the 2008 I would hold this unless you had a rich pork dish and gave it a good decant. so much stuffing, this will be great. I just think you should hold. crackling with flavor and potential. flower spice.”

I just showed the release list to Steve Sodini and he said “My wine’s not even on there. It’s so special that Morgan’s keeping it all for himself!”

:slight_smile:

Never having had Bedrock, I sent that Chris guy an email when I got his waiting list warning asking him if his wine was any good. newhere
I was polite so I did not mention that he lost the Bedrock vs. Carlisle poll by a 52-48 landslide. [stirthepothal.gif]
However, I have so much Carlisle that if I drink one bottle a month, I’m pushing 80 years old before I’m finished with what I have. [head-bang.gif]

So do you think that I should order any Bedrock if I get lucky and they offer me some this year after the rest of you regulars scarf it all up?

[wow.gif] [shock.gif]

Can we push this back a week for the sake of my credit card?

Nah, just drink your Carlisle and let us handle the Bedrock.

I guess we’ll see the Wirz riesling in a future release? Really looking forward to that.

PS - he responded and proved he had a sense of humor.

That is what you think. You are now blackballed from Bedrock. More for us.

August 4 is my birthday - Morgan and Chris should throw in a free bottle with my order as a birthday gift. :slight_smile:

Serious answer is that it depends on what you are looking for. A few of the wines in this offering are really rare (Karatas, Carlisle, Gewurtz), a couple are fantastic SV Syrahs (Weil, Griffin), and a few are the amazing Heritage Blends (Pagani, Lorenzo, Evangelho) so it really depends on where you want to start. My advice would be that if you are fortunate enough to be offered anything you should take it all.

For each of us! [wink.gif]

Jay

Happy to send you a bottle to try, just have to wait on the weather

Alan

I think the Weill is more of a mixed blacks field blend. Not a Syrah. I had the '12 recently and it was excellent.

You are correct, from Morgan:

Though the vineyard is still mainly planted to Syrah (and is the backbone of the North Coast Syrah), we converted a small section of the vineyard to a recreated field blend of Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Alicante Bouschet, Grenache, Tempranillo, and Mourvedre.

He made the Weil “3 ways” Syrah from that vineyard and makes the mixed blacks. Either way the advice is the same, take everything you can get.

I met Mike at his winery a few years ago and we talked about identifying the wines in the vineyard. He said there were a few he had to send to a DNA analysis company to figure out that had something like 3000 grape exemplars. One of the grapes came back with a variation on “we have no idea,” so “zinfandel” from that vineyard will always be a novel experience.