Bedrock Summer 2016 Release

What can you share about the Esola zin, Morgan? I’m not familiar with that one.

Thanks,
Andy

So much good stuff in the save the date email. Gonna be another hard time whittling down just after getting the Carlisle offer.

I didn’t get a save the date email yet… :frowning:

7/26

Save the date went out today and says…

Hi Everyone!

Grapes are turning color so it must be that time of year again!! The Bedrock Fall Release will hit your inboxes next Tuesday morning, July 26th. The offering includes a diverse mix of wines that will be sure to please most everyone. As of now the line-up looks like this:

2015 Cuvee Karatas, based around the oldest Semillon left in the country from Monte Rosso Vineyard
2015 Old Vine Zinfandel, back up the truck!
2015 Bedrock Vineyard Heritage Wine, the grand poobah from my family’s 1888 plantings
2015 Esola Zinfandel, our first vineyard designate from Amador County and one of my favorite wines of the year
2015 Evangelho Vineyard Heritage Wine, old vine grape love from the dunes of CoCo
2015 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine, a juicy mouthful of Russian River goodness
2015 Schmiedt Road Zinfandel, an elegant and comely Zinfandel from Kirschenmann and Katushas’ Vineyard in Lodi
2014 Griffin’s Lair Syrah, wind blown Syrah awesomeness!
2014 Lorenzo’s Heritage Wine, a powerful wine from the Teldeschi family’s old vines on the Dry Creek Bench
2013 Weill Syrah 3-pack, The third and final (and best?) incarnation of our LaLa tribute from the killer 2013 vintage

Anyone have recommended drinking windows?

I didn’t either. Did get the under the wire email in June with the save the date though…

Later rather than sooner, unless sooner is better for you.

Impossible to answer without tasting the wines. Dolinsek is usually a good early drinker. The Syrahs benefit from time. The field blends vary. The OVZ usually is better with 6-12 months on it. Sometimes more. The new Zins, who knows.

No save the date here either, not even in spam.

Save the date is 7/26.
It was in the email with the offer.

2013 Old Vine Zinfandel… OVZinnie? … in a good spot tonight :slight_smile:

I am excited, to say the least.

Unfortunately, like another top-notch winery that is Zin-centric, the bulk of these wines are best drunk a few years from release (not that it has ever stopped any of us from popping bottles earlier). :wink:

Bedrock is a producer who has raised the bar so dang high, I am almost incapable of enjoying many of the Zinfandel wines I once tauted as high quality juice.

I am looking forward to cracking into a 2015 Bedrock Old Vine Zinfandel soon!

Anyone have an idea as to which of the wines in this offer are the most fruit-forward, bombastic in style?

A question regarding the Weill Exposition 3-Pack. The “Save the Date” notice says:

2013 Weill Syrah 3-pack, The third and final (and best?) incarnation of our LaLa tribute from the killer 2013 vintage

The way that I read this, there will not be any more (i.e., post 2013) Expositions. Do I have this right?

Just my personal opinion here, but I think Bedrock releases their reds extremely early (2015s in this offering!), and I haven’t thought they generally show well that young. I think the longer you can hold off on opening them, the better integrated they tend to get. I don’t mean it has to be decades or anything, but I think if you can hold off on most of the SVDs for 2-3 years at least after release, you’ll have substantially better experiences.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

From my limited experience (working on changing that!), I agree.

I agree, and think that even the Old Vine Zins benefit from 2+ years post-release, if you can wait that long.

For the most part I agree. There are always exceptions. The Dolinsek is usually good young. The '12 Bedrock Heritage was ready to go from the start. Some need lots of time. The Lorenzo’s falls into that camp.

All the Syrahs usually need 5+.