Beaune Lodging: Jardins De Lois or Belle Époque or Le Cep???

There are at least two Ibis hotels in Beaune. The one Randy is mentioning is the Ibis Styles Beaune Centre (the newer one), not the Ibis Beaune Centre (older one), I believe. Randy, confirm.

Definitely talking about the Ibis Styles, Howard–thanks for clarifying!

Wanted to circle back and thank everyone again for the feedback. Today we booked Jardins De Lois for three nights in the Clos Des Renardes suite for next May.

Now to start thinking about food and producer visits in the next couple of months!

Think of places like Ma Cuisine and l’Ecusson in Beaune, Aupres du Clocher in Pommard, la Miotte in Ladoix and then maybe back to Aupres du Clocher.

We had an excellent meal at l’Ecusson about a year ago. If you’re going to Chablis, the Hostellerie des Clos
has an excellent restaurant. Also, if you’re interested in Drouhin-Laroze, they offer a lovely lunch (advance reservation required) for which you may purchase bottles or half bottles of their wines.

just bumping this. Wife and I are staying just one night, almost everywhere is sold out, she might actually let me buy some wine for finding a hotel that costs less than $200 this trip.

Looked at Le Cep but can’t seem to justify why I would spend an additional $100 for it over Ibis. Persuade me? :smiley: (212 for Le Cep and $96 for Ibis)

(other places listed in this thread are sold out. /tears)

Le Cep is a much nicer hotel than the Ibis Styles. They are both really convenient. Would you have spend $120 on a nicer hotel or on a Coche Meursault at Aupres du Clochur?

ah, photos made le cep looks super dated.

But dat coche.

Stayed at Hotel de La Poste many years ago when we first went. Now I always rent an apartment inside the walls. Cheaper, much more room, and days we don’t want to eat out we can hit the farmer’s market for some incredible food and have it comfortably in the apartment.

Hotel de la Paix (http://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Hotel_Review-g187109-d590043-Reviews-Hotel_de_la_Paix-Beaune_Cote_d_Or_Burgundy.html) is a good option I think. It’s within the city walls and 5 mins to Ma Cuisine etc.

Though not within the walls of Beaune (I’ve never had any desire to stay there, either), but convenient for tasting, dining in the villages, etc, we love the Hotel Le Home , with a Beaune address. Not luxury, but warm, friendly and authentic. We’ve stayed there 6-7 times since 1983, and always love it. Parking included. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187109-d325320-r293770439-Hotel_Le_Home-Beaune_Cote_d_Or_Burgundy.html

If you’re not dead set on staying in Beaune, we thoroughly enjoyed the Domaine des Ange B&B in Puligny-Montrachet. Situated right on the square and a 10 minute drive to Beaune. If you’re there on a Saturday, definitely sign up for the dinner.

[wow.gif]