Asparagus - Help Needed

PEEL THEM :slight_smile:
They will cook faster, be more tender, and require less cooking. Single best piece of advice for that vegetable

Bend asparagus over from thick end and it will break leaving the tough behind. Peel if you want.

Roast for 4-6 minutes in a 400 degree oven after drizzling with olive oil and salt. Turn. Cook til done (and still green). Squeeze lemon on top.

Burn them is next to Hashem.

Throw a bunch in a pan with a stick of melted unsalted butter over medium heat. Add some olive oil, salt, and white pepper. Agitate every half minute or so for 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and serve. I do it while the steaks rest and my wife is dressing the baked potatoes.

Sous vide with butter, garlic, lemon zest

Toss with oil of choice, some garlic and salt
Roast in a 425 degree oven for app. 12 minutes depending in size of asparagus

Various additions possible - some sherry vinegar as a finisher, some sesame seeds a minute or two before they’re done, poached eggs and miso butter, etc.

What temp. How long?

Make a salad that everyone will love.

Blanch 1lb for 2 min and chill in ice water. Mix with:
6 C halved cherry, pear and grape tomatoes of various colors.
1/2 C Gorgonzola
1 Avocado cubed
1 C sliced fresh basil.

Drizzle with a vinaigrette of:
1/4 C EVOO
2 Tsp Lemon juice
2 Tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

It’s a Sears & Roebuck but he installed the red knobs so it would look like a Wolf in photos.

Sounds delicious – do you chop up the asparagus?

Hash’em? I’ve got a beef with you, Corney Corey N.

About 1" lengths.

Thx

Precook to al dente. Allow to cool so that they can be handled. Wrap each spear with prosciutto and place on cookie sheet. They can be held at this point until needed. When ready to serve, sprinkle each spear with a little grated Parmesan and drizzle with a tiny amount olive oil. Place under broiler and watch closely. It only takes a minute or two for the cheese to slightly brown and they are done.

182F for 30 minutes

No need to do the bend. Yes maybe trim the very bottom. But peeling that tough bottom, so to speak, leaves some of the sweetest and best tasting part of the stalk. Of course that is with real asparagus, as in fresh picked in the spring, as in mentioned above… [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

[snort.gif] [welldone.gif]