Anyone been to Scandinavia?

Kjær & Sommerfeldt (http://www.kogs.dk) is the wine shop I go to when I’m in Copenhagen. It lies close to the main pedestrian street “Strøget” and is worth a visit. Their web site seems to be only in danish, but I can translate if you need it. BYO is allowed in some, but not all restaurants in Denmark. I haven’t tried myself, so I can’t say anything about corkage fees or how common it is.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Magnus

Quick notes, as I’m here for a couple of days. Will update after dinner tonight.

Ate at /mother (NMU Group :: Domänparkering) last night. Place started out as a 500 seat restaurant, spread-out across a couhihple dining environments. At one point, the concept was to order from monitors embedded in the tables, but heard that didn’t work too well. Monitors are still in the tables, displaying the menu, but we were able to back into some other screens by playing around with it

Good cocktail set-up, pricing at the London level. Surprised to see Buffalo Trace at the bar. Food was generally Asian fusion style, although felt like they were trying to hard at times. Opted for the 5 course tasting menu, enjoyed it. Dessert was a bit weird, with what appeared to be Swedish yogurt with random pieces of berry/fruit dropped in.

FWIW - Staying at the Scandic Continental Hotel. Pricing seems a bit much - $290/night, including breakfast (average). Trendy hotel w/no closets (metallic piping used to hang your clothes), but finally found a place with an iron and ironing board. Hotel is loud, in general, with a popular club on the 8th floor. Stay off the 7th, 8th, 9th floors unless you want music until 1 AM.

Other note - was put in a room designed for disabled people; they have quite a few of these. Steer clear - the doors open/close VERY slowly and the 9th floor room they attempted to jam me in had a curtain that opened up over the bar deck. Was happy I had pants on as I opened my curtain to 80 people looking up at me.

Thank you for this. Had reservations at a restaurant and immediately cancelled them to go to Akkurat… and walked a mile to get there :smiley:

[drinks.gif]