Was just up there and came back with a few…but the whites are better certainly

2008 Foxtrot Vineyards Pinot Noir Foxtrot Vineyard
2009 Painted Rock Red Icon
2010 Quails’ Gate Estate Winery Optima Late Harvest
2010 Tantalus Vineyards Riesling

+1 Salt Tasting Room
+1 Joie
+1 Blue Mountain Estate Pinot

Long-time lurker, first-time poster… and from BC…

I’d say the comment that BC wines are over-priced for what they are as a pretty fair assessment - for an up and coming region, there is still a lot of maturing to take place, but the prices often reflect the aspiration rather than the reality. Liquor taxation in BC is perhaps the highest in the civilized world - bargains for quality wines are an impossibility.

I’d echo the endorsements of Le Vieux Pin, Tantalus and some Blue Mountain. I also like Kettle Valley Winery for their Pinot Gris and Joie Farm Winery for their uncomplicated summer wines (rose and “Noble Blend”)
From Le Vieux Pin I’m a big fan of their Sauvignon Blanc ($35) and their Syrah ($45). The SB has excellent acidity but not astringency.
Tantalus old vines Riesling ($30) is terrific - austere, mineral and finely balanced.
From Blue Mountain you need to stick to their striped label line - the Pinot Noir ($35) is probably one of the better pinots from BC, Pinot Gris ($25) is also pretty nice.
I’ve had good luck with Syrah from Nichol Vineyards ($40) as well as Painted Rock ($40) but at these prices I more often reach for a St Joseph from Chave or a CdR from Clape…

John, Tony has some great suggestions.

At LVP, my favorites have been the Syrah (08) and the Sauv Blanc (2010).

At LaStella, my favorites are their merlots…Allegretto and Maestoso. They are both cellar worthy and excellent expressions of merlot. 06 and 08 have been my favorite vintages for Maestoso and 06 for Allegretto ( i havnt tasted the new vintages of Allegretto but based on the 08 Maestoso, i would assume it’s quite good).

For Blue Mountain, stick with the stripe label reserve wines (pinot noir and chard).

Ive had a few good pinots and chards from Foxtrot as well but from older vintages (04 i think). I had the 2010 chard recently and it was decent, but not as ‘burgundian’ as some earlier vintages have been.

And as of now, BYOB is allowed in BC. Corkage fees are ranging from $10 to $38 from what Ive seen.