Any good Bistro's & Wine Bars in Paris?

Good selection indeed, but prices are on the higher end.

Augé has a very good selection, but prices there are very high, I’d say among the most expensive in Paris (apart from a few references). I’d recommand “La Grande Epicerie de Paris” rather than this shop (they have a good selection too), or les caves Legrand. Both have good selection and more average prices, sometimes even some bargain.

Lavinia also has a great selection, but prices are too high. It is worth spending a few minutes there though, as they have wines from all over the world and some that you won’t see elsewhere.

I have a few wineshops I’m going to regularly, one of them is Bacchus & Ariane in the 6th (even if selection is rather small). You can also have some charcuterie or fish that you can bring from the market just nearby.

Alain

Went to Fish last night on Rue de Seine. Entree, Plat and dessert for 38 Euro. You really get what you pay for which is mediocre food. Turbot with more bones than meat, tough veal. Wine list is very small and the place was very American. Service was very good, very friendly. I wouldn’t go back too many better places.

George

Hah, I had a res at Fish last night bot cancelled as I was too full from lunch. Lucky me!

But I missed a chance to meet George it seems.

Spring and lunch at Ledoyen were my best meals. Le Dome was excellent food but the wine list usually has Ravenneau but didn’t (the major reason I went). Frenchie was good but Spring was outstanding. Le Cinq wasn’t at the top of their game. L’Ami jean is always fun.

I’m surprised about the wine list. When we went (admittedly about five yrs ago) it was pretty extensive with some very nice bottles (eg Gangloff Cote Rotie). Did you get the full list (a separate folder IIRC)?

Yes I had the separate list. I was looking mainly at Burgundy maybe a selection of 8 whites and 8 reds. Did get a nice bottle of 2000 Henri Germain Chassagne Montrachet Morgeot