Another Thankgiving planning thread

Don’t see stuffing mentioned. In lieu of bacon, how about crisping up turkey or chicken skin until it’s crackling?

I like the roast cauliflower idea and a whole roasted head makes for a nice presentation.

How about an Indian style creamed spinach with paneer?

This one ain’t so cheap, those cipollini onions add up. And it is fantastic.

I do a roasted root veggie dish that can be done in large amounts and pretty easy. beets, carrots, turnips and taters, onions and brussles work also. hard part is the cleaning and cutting, Olive oil and lots of herbs of choice. Salt, pepper and balsamic. Bake until larges pieces give. Yum.

Broccoli casserole would be an alternative to green bean. Broccoli, onions, cheese and mushrooms. To be honest though, the masses would probably crush an old school green bean casserole.

Co-sign the creamed spinach suggestion.

Is some type of green salad not already on the menu, or wouldn’t go over well? My kids love an arugula salad dressed with EVOO, lemon, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, but I know their palates are pretty advanced for their ages (10 & 7 y/o).

Props for donating your time and effort to help those less fortunate, Jay!

I have made a similar dish a few times. At $5 a pound for the onions in these parts, that indeed would get expensive rather quickly if you are trying to feed the masses.

“Not cheap” is the goal… (and shallots or diced Vidalia onions can sub in if cheaper is the goal)