Another Ho-Hum Guy's Cycling Night: Harlan, Haut Brion, Leovilles, Foillard, d'Armailhac, etc.

I was a little disappointed with the 2000 Chateau d’Armailhac recently, but perhaps I didn’t allow it breathe long enough. I enjoyed more the 2000 Château D’Aiguilhe. Also the 2000 Château Malescot St. Exupéry I opened recently (and was not a QPR), was ephemeral, elegant, a real beauty. I have not tried any of my big hitters from the vintage yet; I really went long on it.

Nothing like a group of 40 year olds in designer jeans hanging onto our youth while drinking great wines and watching hot sweaty men in tight lycra trying to go fast enough only to squeeze into another tight jersey of a different color! Do the Orlando crew know how to party or what? Wait, please refrain from answering that! Been very busy sorry for the delayed sparse notes

My very very abbreviated notes:

2013 Ch. Graville-Lacoste, White Bordeaux
Fuq yeah I could drink this all night, soft exotic fruits, lemon, stoney, refreshing. flirtysmile Co-WOTN

2001 Harlan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

Ahhh,yep…NOPE

2000 Chateau d’Armailhac
Ok, I hate voting my wine as WOTN, but I did. This was textbook pauillac and drinking very well after 20min.

2000 Chateau Leoville Barton
I liked it, didn’t love it. Had some rustic qualities that I seek but not complex enough for the tariff.

2003 Chateau Leoville Poyferre
Yikes, Not a bad bottle but rather a poor showing and def. More new world, seemed primary, lacked nuance, just not Bordeaux enough for me. Pass

2005 Ch. Haut Brion
yep slightly corked, I was thinking exactly this when Alfert approached me for a second confirmation. Though I am convinced 1st growths are just too clean for me.

2012 Chateau du Tertre
Well there is hope underneath, some florals , light coffee and smoke
Though at the moment bell pepper is its most dominant feature…to its defense its more prestigious stable mate '09 Giscours went through a similar stage, in subsequent tastings it has rocked.

2010 Foillard Cote du Py
I was not looking forward to this wine…I have always picked on Robert for drinking Gamay, I have never been a fan…boy did I eat crow…WTF is this stuff? Crazy interesting/crazy color…FUQ ,turn off the lights does this glow in the dark??? Aromas I never smelled before that I can barely write a tasting note on it. Great acid, balanced, fresh…wonderful stuff. One of my favorites of the night.

MarcF is back to life!

I thought you landed in jail after that night. Note that none of us went out looking for you or offered to bail you out.

I know where I want to go the next time I’m in Orlando. And it isn’t Disney World…

Judge let me out early for good behavior, met some nice fellows in the clink, but I do not think they will be out in time for our next wine dinner.
Apparently some guy thought I was his girlfriend, other than that it wasn’t too bad

2005 Haut Brion is an amazing wine. Pity about it …may be role should have been reversed - the Harlan should have bee faulty and Haut Brion in good nick.

David, we’d love to have you down here for a night of Bordeaux. You drink well! MarcF would also like to introduce you to our favorite server, Rocky. He’s sort of a legend around here, and don’t be shocked if he drinks straight from the bottle.

Rocky is a fuqn legend…Aside from Drinkn str8 from the bottle, he will walk up, start unbuttoning your shirt and begin rubbing your chest…and this is before ordering! That’s why Robert always suggests this place [wink.gif] check your dignity at the door!

Boa and Bordeaux Night!!!