Animal Farm Butter For Sale

Ordered Wednesday night, arrived this morning. Guess what I’m having for dinner tonight? Too bad that LA doesn’t have a great bread bakery.

Doesn’t appear to be prime eligible. Like everything else I want from Amazon of late.

just eat it plain. Amazing.

We do thanks. Please direct me to the link. I don’t see one pound for 13.23 except with a crazy $28.00 shipping and not Prime available.

Alan,
When you are in France, be sure to track down Bordier butter. Bordier makes an entire range of butters from sweet, to various degrees of salted, smoked, herbed, etc. Served at many great restaurants in France and available at retail locations scattered throughout France (Le Bon Marche in Paris sells the entire Bordier range in various sizes). My favorite for eating on bread (Le Pain des Amis from Du Pain et des Idees in the 10th) is Bordier Demi-Sel.

I don’t do Amazon, so didn’t realize that Prime didn’t eliminate the shipping cost. [As an aside, isn’t free shipping touted as the prime advantage of Prime?]

But I just discovered today that my local Kroger carries the 1 lb. log of Vermont butter, hidden away in the cheese case - so check your local supermarket.

I thought La Brea baguettes were supposed to be really good.

No more. Sold by Silverton, Krankl, Peel, et al 15 years ago. Now owned by Aryzta, the Swiss food conglomerate. The bread is par baked and shipped here and there. Just another grocery store bread.

The best bread currently in LA is the boule sold by the Beverly Hills Cheese Store.

I buy all my butter from Nordic Creamery at the Green City Market here in Chicago - including freezing summer butter for use in the arctic chill times. Just checked and they ship - at very reasonable prices:

http://www.nordiccreamery.com/products.asp?cat=Natural+Butter

I just took your suggestion and ordered up 6 lbs. to try out. Looking forward to it!

Got an announcement that this was going on sale at 9am today. Logged on 5 minutes late, put two pounds in my cart, wavered for 15 seconds at the $155 price after shipping, during which the amount in my cart disappeared, making the decision for me…

I guess it’s Kerrygold for you.

Ordered three different types of their butter. While not the absolute best butter I’ve had, it definitely is very high quality and very fairly priced including the shipping.

Thanks for the rec.

Glad you liked them! I’m sure there are better … but they make my food happy!

Anyone tried Les Pres Sales from Belgium? We find it to be excellent for salted butter. I thought it was recommended here, but I can’t find it searching. Not sure what made us try it initially now.

We also liked the Nordic Creamery butter, but we can get the Les Pres Sales locally for about the same price without any shipping.

After balking on the Animal Farm I bought some of this stuff. Pretty solid and much more reasonable.

Thinking of using it with some Inaudi tagliolini (Inaudi Egg Tagliolini - Rare Wine Co.) and truffles for Christmas Eve.

I’ll have to try the Chicago butter… pretty sure I’ve seen that at Local Foods.

I ordered some of the Nordic.

long ago, I started a butter thread and Prés Salé was one of my top butters.

I know this primarily goes to Thomas Keller, but is this the same butter served at Bouchon? Or does it just go to TFL and Per Se?

“Animal Farm Butter, because some butter is more equal than others.”

Off I go to Amazon to shop and learn!