Anderson Valley "Deep End" Tasting @ My Place--10/22, Saturday

October is a possibility

Excellent–great to see there is interest. Ok, let’s look at 2 dates

10/8
10/22

Reply with preference.

Either of those work pretty much equally well for me. If I have to vote, I’ll vote 10/8, but I’m ok either way.

I’m in for the deep end.

Either right now.

10/22 for us… 10/8 is our daughters birthday [cheers.gif]

Dudes, be thinking about what you want to contribute. The hit list is narrow, as we’re in a small piece of AV, with just a few producers. The vineyard map in Post #1 gives some clue. Basically, COPAIN Kiser and Wendling, RHYS Bearwallow and Porcupine Hill, and we could slide a little more south and do COPAIN Les Voisins and Monument Tree but my goal would be to leave these two out. I don’t want anyone dropping out b/c they can’t contribute–let’s find a way to keep people in the event and share to make it work, OK.

I got the 2013 Rhys Porcupine Hill so that one is covered. I got most all the Copain Kiser going back to 2007, plus both vintages of Wendling and will work to see if I can chase out a few surprises.

Frank…if the date is the late one…I can bring any of the following 08, 09, 10 Rhys Bearwallows. That is pretty much all I have regarding the deep end.

I can make 10/8. Maybe 10/22 but I presently have a camping trip planned for that weekend. Joanne would come along as well.

I have plenty of Copain SVDs from many of the vintages 07 to present that I could bring. I also have an 08 Bearwallow Rhys.

I’ll need to buy something, so if there are any particular targets you recommend I go after, I’m open to suggestion. These are wines I know very little about, so I’m eager to learn.

Gang, I heard from Alex and she is only available on 10/22. So, I’d like to see that be the date. However, we have yet to hear back from Andrew, and I have PM’d Marshall and Mark to see if they want to re-join the event.

If you have an interest in attending, please post. I’d like to fill my dining table, to max out at 12 people. This is the right size for single bottle pours, as well as space in my dining room.

Finally, I heard from Kevin (Rhys) and Will (Rivers-Marie) and both will be contributing the 2014 Bearwallow versions they have made. Thanks for the support guys, to help us study the Deep End.

Mark and Brad are in.

Andrew and Sahba can make it

Mindi and I are in

Excellent guys. We’ll have a nice full table for the event.

We need to have a think about the wines. Knowing the inventories around these parts, I’d hate to see people start buying wines–I do think some or all of what can be had could be traded or simply sourced from the gang here.

I’d say we ought to limit our wine lineup to 10 wines, with a champagne starter. Someone could pony in a nice Rose or BdB and that could count. We’d then need to nail down the remaining Deep End wines.

Courtesy of Kevin and Will, we got a bottle each of the 14 Rhys and Rivers-Marie Bearwallow so that could count as two. I have the 2013 Rhys Porkie Hill, so we could lay another couple 2013s next to that–either Bearwallow and if someone has a 2013 Copain Wendling, that’d cover another flight. I will work to see what Copain can supply us from 2013, too.

I can commit a 2007 Kiser En Bas. We can also use a few more Bearwallows, plus the Copain Kiser wines to round things out–both the Bas and Haut are drinking well, I got several for trading if you guys need to do that.

Please post what you got, let’s figure it out and have a great evening.

I could probably bring a Champagne. I have a Didier-Ducos Fils Absolu Blanc if people are interested in that.

I will bring a 11 & 12 Rhys Bearwallow…Maybe something else depending on what others bring.

How about a 2010 Kiser en Haut and/or one of the Wendling’s?

Andrew, maybe you do 11 Kiser so that we have it in contrast to Bryan’s 11 Bear. For the Wendling, if you have the 2012, that would be excellent as that could sit in contrast to the Bryan’s 12 Bear. Last time I had the 2013 Wendling, it seemed young.

Let us know.

Bryan, pencil those 2 Bear’s of yours for now. We need to see what Mark/Brad and Brig will want to put into the event.

You rang?

I need to chat with you. I have some ideas…

You got it…I’ll bring the 2011 En Haut and 2012 Wending. Now that I’ve committed, I’m pretty sure both of those bottles will mysteriously creep to the back/bottom corner of my off site locker.