American Independence Day--Whatcha opening?

2009 Carlisle Montafi Zin

2007 Cadence Tapteil Vineyard…delicious stuff, and showing much more integration than a bottle I enjoyed 5+ years ago. This one has bags of life left!

Happy 4th of July to my many American friends champagne.gif .

Cheers,
Blair

We had a 2012 PharaohMoans Grenache Westside last night that was a little too ripe and jammy for me. A 2011 Arnot-Roberts Syrah was a lot better. Kind of like a new world take on Hermitage.

2014 Bedrock Ode to Lulu
2014 Abrente Albarino
2014 Hendry Rose

The Bedrock Rose was the big hit with guests, followed closely by the Albarino

For the ‘day after’ barbeque…

2007 Kistler Vine Hill chard
2012 Rivers-Marie Theriot chard
2009 Kosta Browne Kanzler pinot noir
2011 Keating Montecillo zin

2007 Rivers marie cab

3 bottles of Schramsberg and lots of beer.

Madeira is the original America’s wine. The founding fathers toasted the Declaration of Independence with it. Drank the 1912 D’Oliverias Verdelho.

Joined in yesterday with a Sangiovese. The nearest thing to sour grapes I could find [wink.gif] [truce.gif]

Tons of caramel but still a PN that even with sweet fruit/oak has a savory philosophy. Young still, bet the wine improves over the next decade.
image.jpg

To the OP: Is this anything like “excessibe?” [cheers.gif]

Where is everyone getting this Kutch Rose? Was this in one of the offers and I just wasn’t allocated any?

[welldone.gif]

Maybe he was seeking penance?

Or, pennants for the Fourth?

Double secret offer. If I recall, Jamie made a barrel and posted it on Facebook. I few of us saw the post and insisted.

Showing beautifully now

2010 Heitz Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Limerick Lane Zinfandel Block 1934
2009 Limerick Lane Zinfandel Block 1970

sorry for the tipo [cheers.gif]

2009 Wilson Mollie’s Reserve Zin
2011 Two Vintner’s Stoney Vine Syrah
2008 Ramey Napa Cabernet

All three of these wines were singing! - absolutely fantastic.

Love it! On more than one occasion I have tried to explain to my daughter (21) what is so hilarious about “excessibe.” She doesn’t get it, and perhaps I don’t either, but I am grinning here as I type. Excessibe - yep.

Some pulled corks over the weekend: 2012 LaRue Rice-Spivack PN, 2000 Arcadian Pisoni, 2012 Ceritas PMR Chardonnay, Champagne Chartogne-Taillet Rose.