Alright, all you ballers

I have a couple of different molds that work fine. I don’t care if the spheres are cloudy.

Cloudy is no biggie - the cracks and splitting defeat the purpose and are all too common

They do crack, but they still hold up a lot longer than and water down much less than smaller cubes. The giant cubes from molds seem to work even a little better.

I was wrong. They show as available on my phone, but when you try to order them, it says the project isn’t live. I guess you could reach out to him on Twitter and ask if he would sell another: https://twitter.com/Idcsam

My ballers are on a local truck for delivery, just in time for the SB! Can’t wait to give these a spin.

how is it? mine arrives Monday. Not sure why it takes 7 days to go from MA to CA. Sad. Really wanted to use em for the SB. Also got some of the square molds as well

Alright got mine in and froze up a batch. Cool filtered tap , 16 hour freeze. Next batch will be 20 hr freeze with warmer water.

I feel i pulled it a bit too early as two of the balls have some bubbles in them still at the very base is cloudy. But this one is perfectly clear, same as the little cups it produces on the bottom.

(looks like cloudiness but it’s just the reflections)

How many people are using Corey’s avatar as their own?

Intersting. Is this really supposed to retail for $120? I got one of these for free from Makers Mark a few years back. FREE!!!

Jason

you got the same thing? or you got a mold o_O

It was a mold. Did I mention the price? IIRC my ice balls looked very similar to yours.

J

I bought this too.

Works well, but not perfect; I get crystal clear spheres, but sometimes there are indentations. I also have an issue with the storage tube, the caps are not secure.

Overall, still pretty happy overall.

If you just have a basic mold it doesn’t come out completely clear. Mine looks like it’s not clear but it’s just the way I’m holding it, it’s just catching all the white in the background and bouncing off my hand. I was trying to get my dog to stand still so you can see him through it, but he wouldn’t -_-.

Function wise it’s all the same, but i’m a sucker for aesthetics.

I read about indentation issues, gotta make sure the mold is perfectly lined up. I got some nubs sticking out cause I added extra water, but they were easy to cut off with a knife.

I have a set of the squares in the freezer right now, will check them out when I get home.

Holy crap…that is a LOT of trouble for some damned ice bro!

[snort.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif] pepsi pepsi pepsi

Third set came out better, 3 out of 4 are perfectly round and clear; seems like trial and error in the beginning until you figure out the right amount of water.

I didn’t get the cubes, might add those. How did they turn out?

indentation issues. lol. I had indentation issues in my 3rd batch of spheres and one batch of squares. I think for the squares the mold isn’t as tight, so water might leak. But the spheres I think I just underfilled.

What approx temp are you putting in for water? and how long of a freeze?

TOday my 3rd batch with the indentation, I did it with boiled water, it was perfectly clear but had basically a corridor of little bubbles running up the middle. I just did warm tap water, see how that works out.

Ha!

I always use hot tap water, never had an issue with clarity.

Freezing anywhere from 18 to 24 hours; probably need to track this part better to get consistency.

Pretty cool photo courtesy of Charles Joly (@Charles_Joly) who is making drinks at/for the Grammys tonight…