90 degrees and very humid. red?

That’s how a lot of red wine should be served/consumed IMO Maybe not a reg kitchen fridge but served cool. Enjoy the evolution of the wine as it evolves .

+1
Am moving from Oregon to Florida in a couple of months and plan on drinking red wine year round . . . cause I’ll be inside!

Pinot Noir, '75 Bordeaux, Barolo, Ridge, & Gonon all worked well in June…I tend to wonder if people chill their reds enough. I pour mine into the decanter and it goes strait into the fridge…I let it warm a little in the glass…and it’s still quite refreshing!!

Several winemakers, sommeliers and restauranteurs have all told me adamantly that red wine is supposed to be served chilled. The age old myth of serving reds at “room temperature” came from historical times in jolly old England where “room temperature” was in fact 15 degrees Celsius or less thanks to the absence of modern ideas such as home insulation and central heating. The problem they all tell me is that people forget that indoor temperatures have become a lot warmer as building technology got a lot better. I still cringe when I see opened bottles of red sitting out on a restaurant bar, which is why I personally never order a glass of red from a restaurant ever.

+1

I’ve often noticed nuances/flavors I’ve missed at room temperature and we regularly put a bottle condom (chiller) on our reds in hot weather.

According to Parker, reds should be served between 62-67 degrees and whites between 55-60. When the temperature of wine in a glass increases, the tannins and acidity decreases . . . the wine becomes flabby . . . not as focused and precise.