7 hour layover in Miami, where should I eat?

Lots of attractive Latin women displaying ample cleavage wearing high heels and tight white pants.

Roberto might miss his connecting flight.

Not the Airport, the True Versailles on SW 8 street (Calle Ocho) & 36 ave !

[]

I love Lincoln Road, but the food generally sucks.[/quote]

Not all, but the food is not why we go, as you know . . . .

And judging by Roberto’s posts in Asylum, he should likely go there![/quote]

Lots of attractive Latin women displaying ample cleavage wearing high heels and tight white pants.

Roberto might miss his connecting flight.[/quote]
BUT, Lots of them are really MEN !! [wow.gif]

Ten bucks will do it for 2 to 4 people. I did give him $50 for setting up a table for an OL we had there two years ago for 16 people.

BTW, you can go for lunch with no wait and have over a dozen dishes for under $15. I’ve had the liver and onions for I think $10.

You can BYOB btw

That’s what I’m talking’ about! Cafe Versailles(MIA)…they know how to press their Cuban Sandos.

FYI :
Miami Spice Month is August 1st to September 30th, 2014. One of the most anticipated summer events on the foodie calendar, Miami Spice Restaurant Month is actually a two month series of discount dining opportunities throughout South Florida featuring set 3-course menus for lunch and dinner at the city’s leading dining destinations.

Note that some locations only offer the menus on weekdays or restrict participation to lunch or dinner so it is best to contact the restaurant directly to make sure the offer is available when you plan to visit.

Miami Spice 2014 – Participating Restaurant List

Thanks, all. Keep em coming…

Miami Spice would be a good time to hit Pascals-
Fancy real French cooking , probably $35 for Miami Spice Menu. RESEVATIONS NEEDED For these times. No Corkage Cost on Mondays, I believe.

Pascal’s On Ponce
Coral Gables
Contemporary French
Lunch Mon-Fri Dinner Mon-Sat

Best place on Lincoln Road is Khong River. Highly recommend. http://www.khongriver.com

Everybody is getting tipped when I roll into town…

I’ve found this website to be helpful:

I am somewhat underwhelmed by Miami dining scene.

The easiest to get to is Coral Gables, but I think Michael’s Genuine is better than anyting in Coral Gables. It’s just east of 95 on the highway that runs between the airport and 95 (there are two, this is the more nothern one). Check out their menu on-line - most nights they execute very well.

Pascal’s would be good for the Miami Spice Dinner (it’s quite pricey otherwise) but the menu is narrow; try to find it on-line first if you intend to go. Normally, this restaurant week deals amount to a free desert (which I need like a hole in the head), but Pascal’s is pricey enough to be more than just a free desert. It’s BYO friendly - nonetheless, after a couple of meals there, I stopped going. It’s not what makes Miami a good food place.

Area 31 in the Epic hotel downtown has interesting seafood options, which is there focus. Plenty of eye candy there too.

An offbeat place is the Federal, a bit north of Michy’s I think.

Check to make sure Michy’s is open when you go, they closed for a complete makeover from what I understand - I think they open up again in September.

+1 for Garcia’s on the river. Great seafood and not too far from the airport.