5th Annual Di Fara's offline in Brooklyn - Fat Tuesday February 28, 2017.

Happy to attend if there’s room for two. Feel better Leo - it’s been going around at the office as well.

I can clear you for one, not 2. Please e mail me at my first initial last name followed by 53 @aol.com

Leo, Refund sent via Paypal.

This is what we’ll be drinking:

2009 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée
2004 Tua Rita Giusto di Notre Rosso Toscana
2012 Tonti Family Wines Zinfandel
2005 Pax Kobler Syrah 2011
2009 Laura Zahtila Oat Hill Estate Zinfandel
2004 Saint-Chamant Millesime Brut Blanc de Blancs (Champagne)
2001 Fontanafredda Barolo Serralunga d’Alba
2009 Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly
2014 storrs contra costa zin
Devotus Pinot Noir
2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill
2010 Rhys Chardonnay Horseshoe Vineyard
2004 Lamborghini Campoleone Umbria
2013 Banshee Marine Layer Pinot Noir
2006 Villa Raiano Fiano di Avellino
1998 Pietranera Brunello di Montalcino
2004 La Spinetta (Rivetti) Barbaresco Vürsù Vigneto Gallina
2011 Rossignol Pommard 1er Cru Chanlins
2000 Di Meo Fiano di Avellino Selezione Erminia
2007 Amantis Montecucco Sangiovese Riserva or 1996 Fontanafredda Barolo Lazzarito Vigna la Delizia
2009 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Hickinbotham

Bring stems.

We will be bringing

2000 Di Meo Fiano di Avellino Selezione Erminia
2007 Amantis Montecucco Sangiovese Riserva
2009 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Hickinbotham

See you all tomorrow!

Edit: Sangiovese

Unfortunately I’m not feeling so well and will have to sit this one out, so there should be an extra space available if anyone is on the waiting list.

Sorry for the late confirmation – Didier Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly 2009. Looking forward to tonight, despite my jetlag!

It was nice meeting so many new (young) Berserkers. It was fun seeing my old friends again, even if it meant we couldn’t chat much. It’s hard being the host and making sure the pizza is fairly distributed. [wink.gif]

I didn’t take any notes, but the '09 Sojourn Prop Cuvee Napa Cab was singing. I hope others will chime in with comments on the wines. 21 people and 21 bottles, or was it 22. [whistle.gif]

If you haven’t been to this event, you really need to join us on Fat Tuesday February 13, 2018. See you then.

Comments from my wife. She felt that since Dom wasn’t making the pizza tonight (he was under the weather), they didn’t dot their i’s and cross their t’s. They ran out of some ingredients. A minor point, but that’s never happened in previous years.

Sign me up +1 for next year. I will be bringing a vintage port and unsure of 2nd bottle as of yet…

the sojourn was indeed delicious. we missed some of the wines but on our end of the table patrice and I also liked:
2004 Lamborghini Campoleone Umbria
2011 Rossignol Pommard 1er Cru Chanlins

I thought the 2001 Fontanafredda barolo we brought was on point but not sure everyone liked it as much as we did. It was interesting how big the zins tasted next to the italians. most of the zins on our end of the table were more than half full at the end of the night.

Dan, thanks again for organizing and playing host. It was a laid-back, wonderful night of wine, food and talk.

It was a pleasure meeting everyone and am very happy that I was able to join last minute.

I enjoyed all of the older wines, especially the Saxum, even though I botched the opening of the cork. Cathy liked the Rhys & Liquid Farm. (Any suggestions for similar producers to fill my cooler?)

I don’t have anything to compare against, but Janice’s assessment seems on point. Regardless, still delicious and wonderful company. Hope to see you all next year. Dan - thanks for planning!

It wasn’t a Saxum — it was the 2005 Pax. It was surprisingly good.
It was good meeting you – next year I can bring an older Saxum for you to try.

I think my favorite was the Dagueneau Blanc Fume de Pouilly.

Thank you for saving the Saxum for me, Ted :wink:

I could not come this year, but it seems that the wine list was well respected [cheers.gif] Hopefully next year!

Feel free to bring one of your cherished EMH Black Cat cabs. flirtysmile Extra points given if it has initials associated with it. [wink.gif]

Last weekend I had the EMH '07 (sorry, no initials there) with a Pizza first night, and with great meats Saturday night. Great cab and not fading anytime in the foresee future. I’d see what I can bring to the next Di Fara’s party [cheers.gif]

Reminder

I’ll post the 2018 thread in December or January.

Dan

Me plus 1 for the 2018 tasting. missed out last year

Oh, can’t wait!

Just taking a break from real work and was perusing the offlines. Saw this. By “initials” do you mean the “Special Selection”…perhaps shortened to “SS?”

I was talking code to Erez. Looks like you broke the code. neener

Save the date - Fat Tuesday February 13, 2018. New thread will be posted by December 1. You’re invited Merrill.

edited to say that cost will be the same as last year.

please add me to waitlist.
thanks