5/20 - Orange County (San Clemente) Spanish Wine & Food Get Together - Saturday, May 20th

Oh great, now we have to bring Cava, too???

Additional confirmations:
Rick/ Danielle Valenzuela
Andrea Harrelson
Steve/Karin Punak

Hi Mark.
Please add me for the Spanish/food tasting… Can’t wait…
Thanks

Hey Mark,

It turns out that my wife will have to stay at home to babysit so my son can attend. You can open another spot on the list. (Don’t worry she will make the pot luck dish for us to bring anyway!)

We are really looking forward to this get together!

Dennis

I got my bottles this week, Mr Jones. I did end up scoring a bottle from the Canary Islands, based on Greg T’s remark over Wine Talk to my post there a few weeks ago.

Look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Clara and I are looking forward to it.
Wines no problem, now to think of a food item.
See you (all) soon.
Eldon
champagne.gif

How many servings should the dish we bring serve? [scratch.gif]

On servings, I’m guessing if it’s enough to feed 8-12 is sufficient, similar to what folks do for Falltacular.

We’re about at capacity (we think, since this will be the first party at our house!). If there’s anyone else in SoCal that’s interested in joining - please let me know in the next day or so.

I am wondering if we ought to toss around some ideas as to what to bring so we can avoid too much duplication. A couple of people bringing the same thing should be fine but I think we may need to guard against 4 or 5 people bringing the same dish? I was thinking of bringing Gazpacho. I don’t think we need to get super formal about who brings what but if you have an idea what you want to bring it might help narrow down the choices a little. Do you agree Mark?

Gazpacho will be great. I’ll make sure that we’ll have small plastic cups for folks to use.

Mark, we have our family birthday dinner with the kids that night (for Jen’s birthday) but we’re hoping to sneak on by for a bit, of course - playing it by ear. I have that birth year Spanish wine for Brad and I to bring :wink:

I just ordered a Spain cookbook on Amazon, so I don’t know what I’m making yet [shrug.gif]

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night - we’ll have a nice crowd of folks (and just found out my nephew, Cameron, who flies the F35 fighter jet is flying in to join the party tomorrow night). And Brad’s brother, Mitch, who flies C130 is also going to be here.

If you’ve got any last minute questions - let me know through here or text message at Three One Zero 310 and then 9705. If there’s any last minute folks who want to join, let me know.

Hey all. Unfortunately, we need to pull out. I injured my back and am not very mobile right now. It might be better tomorrow, but I don’t want to push it too hard. I’m disappointed we won’t be able to be there. I hope you all post some pics and notes!

Really looking forward to seeing all

Yep, the Dr Mrs and I, as well. Since I don’t know these wines or the area all that well, forgive me in advance for taking notes later today. Unless Brigger is scrawling notes, I may be the only dork doing it.

Mark, I am going to wear my Ducks hat today. I’ve been locked into the team all year, and now we’re after the Cup. Been a great Playoff year so far, we need another W today, baby!

Really looking forward to it!

Bruce

Thanks again to Mark & Brad for an excellent evening!

Bruce

Ditto on the thanks guys. It was a very enjoyable evening!