3 Floyds Dark Lord Day

I won’t be able to make it this year but I can send some Pliny or Cantillon in exchange for DL and variants!

clint, I’m in the final group as well (my friends and I should be there around 3ish). Shoot me a PM and we should meet up

My husband and I are in group D. Not sure of an arrival time, but I am hoping relatively early to share and partake in all the goodies present!!

Keith, sorry I missed your post…hope you had fun!

After a couple years of DL not being as good as past years, the 2014 was fantastic. Had pours of the vanilla bean, brandy and regular. The vanilla bean was unreal. I now know why people are willing to pay $350+ for 22 oz of the stuff.

we ended up getting there around 4. Like you Clint, I was very impressed with this year’s DL. While it certainly had a sweetness to it, it didn’t seem as syrupy as the last two years.

This was definitely a more fun year for me irt sharing beer. Last year a friend and I didn’t bring enough (read none) and this year too much was brought. So, I was just giving away partially drunk bottles. This led to a weird interaction where I was trying to give someone behind me what was left of my Logsdon Seizoen Bretta. The guy looks at me funny and asks me if I just didn’t want to carry the bottle anymore. All I’m thinking is: wtf dude, I’m giving you something that you can’t come close to getting here and you’re actually thinking of turning it down? I was too full from BBQ and beer for me to finish some of the bottles that we had, so we were just giving some of them away to people in the line.

Whut tha what?!?! [wow.gif] [swoon.gif]

Too bad for the guy — that Logsdon is a fantastic beer.

My wife and I were having a nice conversation w/ a group of beer geeks who had traveled from Columbus, OH when they tapped the vanilla bean DL. These guys had seen/tasted virtually every great beer I could name and the look on everyone’s face when they tried the VB was priceless. It is easily my favorite beer ever. It’s definitely a sipper beer meant to be shared with others. I can easily see a few guys throwing in their C-note to have this at a tasting. It is the only beer to give me that ethereal feeling that a great wine can.