2016 German impressions?

2016 Prüm offering is live!!

+1

Can’t you keep the shilling a little bit more subtle? This thread really belongs in commerce corner.

I’ve started seeing '16 Dönnhoffs hitting the market. Just basic cuvées and Oberhäuser leistenberg kabinett. Anyone formed opinions of here yet?

Edit: just realized this is a shill-y thread… let me know if I should start a new one.

I know it’s a very narrow perspective, but I just tried the 15 and 16 Keller Trocken and Limestone side by side.

The acid in the 16 is clearly lower. I am not advanced enough to be able to tell how much fruit there is, but I can detect more of the fruit in the 16 than I could in the 15–probably because of the lower acid levels. For my palate, the 16 is much more approachable yet also is not as complex.

As I mentioned above, there are exceptions. Not all 2016s have lower acidity. But I agree that the 2016 vintage is, in general, more approachable than 2015. I also recently tasted the 2016s at Max Ferd. Richter and didn’t find the wines big at all.

Right, Lars?
Some gorgeous Kabis for Constantin… a stunning collection of '16s Kab for Richter.
As fantastic as the '15 Elisenberg was, the '16 may be even better? And ditto the Juffer Fass 4…

Constantin really likes his 2016 Elisenberger Kabinett, too.

Richter '16 offer is live…
Fwiw, a “shill” is someone who is pretending enthusiasm for a hidden promotional purpose.
I have hidden nothing.
I have invited the contributions of all, generating a good bit of dialogue.
I rest comfortably knowing that in the overall balance of give and take, I am a giver…
Zum wohl.