2015 Bordeaux releases

I doubt stores are selling futures below their cost, although they may be selling below the cost of other retailers. In a number of places around the country, stores direct import Bordeaux. They are going to be cheaper than stores buying through the three tier system.

Jeff - Wine-Searcher pulls up plenty for Pontet-Canet (and others). Seeing as Canon was just released yesterday I believe, I don’t see it up there… I just read Mike’s post upthread about Canon at $84 (which then went up to $93). I never said retailers were listing below cost, just for essentially zero markup. I’m sure as Howard mentioned stores that DI have an advantage.

If anyone wants a good deal on Canon, I’m happy to oblige once we have our qty ordered confirmed.

Sorry I meant to say at cost. However, even at $85, there was a margin as the wine was priced at 60 Euros Ex Negoc. FWIW, prices have moved on Canon in Bordeaux from negociants already, which means the wines will be more expensive over here.

Understood, Jeff. I see your note on '15 Canon – one of the standouts of the vintage for you? I hear Haut Bailly was also exceptional. Is there a link to your notes on '15?

2015 Canon is a stunner. Even in the secondary market, the wine is well priced for its quality. It is perhaps the hottest wine this year. I also really liked Haut Bailly. But the Canon is a much better wine. If you guys the comments I wrote, as well as those from others you should be all over that wine!

Living in Texas - and our associated shipping issues - I was curious as to which store/online retailer is the best place to buy futures? Houston doesn’t have a Total Wine yet either, so that may make it a little more challenging. Thanks.

A lot of wine is sold to Texas. It is a big market for Bordeaux. In Houston, Specs and Goody Goody are both strong retailers. There is also Centennial Wine in Dallas. I am sure there are others. Look on Wine-Searcher.

I saw $88 from European Wine Resource today.

Total Wine just sent out an email with Canon at $89.97

Did they include a link? I bought some 2015 Cantemerle halves from them, but am still not getting their emails.

Here’s the link from the email: http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/emf/ConciergeSales/2015BORDEAUX

If that doesn’t work you can call them (855) 841-2752 or email bdxfutures@totalwine.com

Perfect. Thanks

Neal, you are too old!

:wink:

And it’s sold out.

My total wine email for Canon came in at 6pm as a 72 hour sale. I log in at 10pm and all sold out! This one sounds like a no brainer from the little research I’ve done. First time for me buying BDX futures and I’d like about 4 bottles. What’s my next best bet? I am in Dallas, TX

I would still order through Total Wine and have the wine delivered to a location where you might visit or maybe they will have stores in Houston by the time the wine arrives. You need to contact Concierge Sales and no the regular online division of TW. Tim Hong is the guy in charge there I think

I assume there will be more once 2nd tranche releases–just higher price

Specs in Houston used to do futures when I lived in TX and I think JJB can ship to TX.

Canon appears to be the universal QPR winner of the vintage (ALL of the critics loved it), so it is going to keep flying off the (figurative) shelves until the price settles at a level that retards speculators. winesearcher alerts, calls to regular sources, web vigilance. Or pay a few bucks more 3 weeks from now.

The Canon hype also hit Denmark. Just got mail today, with 2015 Canon listed at $100, -tried to order some…Sold out (in the early hours…Damn).
But I got some Rauzan Segla, and Malescot st. Exupery.

-Regards, Soren.

Found Canon on KLWines around midnight last night for $119. Others who were lucky enough to find any were paying in the $85 range which caused me to hesitate. At $85 I would have been in for a case but at $119 I wasn’t so sure so I compromised and purchased 3 bottles. After sleeping on it I decided to go back for 3 more bottles, checked back this morning at 7 AM - Sold Out.