2012 West Coast Weather & Vintage Thread

It’s a good, heavy, steady rain out there right now and has been going on for hours. Hope Casey is getting some of this, too.

Just dumped an inch out of the gauge!!! pepsi

We were supposed to get an inch or more. We got less than an eight. [bleh.gif]

Eh . . . you women have no sense of measurement anyway. [snort.gif]

Better than a sharp stick in the eye:

LATEST TRENDS SUGGEST A DRYING TREND TUESDAY
AND WEDS OF NEXT WEEK BUT 8-10 DAY SOLUTIONS ARE FAIRLY CONSISTENT
IN BRINGING MORE MODERATE STRENGTH STORMS ACROSS NORTHERN
CALIFORNIA THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE MONTH…FAIRLY TYPICAL FOR
WHAT WE WOULD EXPECT IN THE MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY. OVERALL IT DOES
APPEAR THAT AFTER TODAYS SUNNY AND MILD WEATHER THE PATTERN WILL
TURN AT LEAST SOMEWHAT ACTIVE (FOR THIS WINTER ANYWAY)

70 degrees today, 69 yesterday and playing golf in shorts. It as colder in August and September than here in early February. Maybe we’ll get on the same cycle as Chile.

Rain now and 5 of the next 7 days include at least a chance of rain [thumbs-up.gif]

We have a light rain here this morning in Calistoga!

10 day is looking pretty good now.
Next weekends storm should finally create some run off to get in the pond for spring frost protection.

it’s raining here in Berkeley, Accuweather notwithstanding! [cheers.gif]

SH!T, the 10 day just changed to no rain now. It was looking like 3 days worth early next week, now that’s gone. [snort.gif]

Yep, we’re fast losing February. It takes many weeks for surface moisture to percolate to a meaningful depth, so even a abnormally wet March won’t fill the soil profile. I suspect that those who can should probably consider irrigating deeply now. How messed up is that??? pileon

We had a very wet day yesterday. My place got drenched. Just down the road in St. Helena my daughter and I were amazed it was mostly dry.

Several days of rain forecast for us in coastal Santa Cruz Mountains 10 days out. I think despite this I’m going to go ahead and irrigate again (for the second time). A new experience–Winter irrigation–but no real downside that I can see.

I stop by and visit my brother a day or two a week at the Scharffenberger home ranch where he lives. He has an irrigation/frost protection pond that holds 49 acre feet of water. Right now it is 6 feet deep. When full its 16 feet deep. He thinks he has 20 hours of frost protection right now. We better get some more rain!

It rained for about 5 minutes early this morning. rolleyes

Not only didn’t get any rain, but here comes 4-5 days of temps in the 70’s. CRAP! pileon

Geez, I hope things turn cold and rainy on the CA coast, I’m sure early bud break and low water reserves is something you guys don’t need on top of everything else! Mild winter in the east as well? pileon

Please, please, puleeze! Accuweather shows a series of storms about 8-9 days out. Time to get break out the prayers. [swearing.gif]

Magnolia and some of the Fruit trees are in bloom here. Hills never did turn green. Weird weather to say the least