2012 West Coast Weather & Vintage Thread

Snowing in McMinnville, though not sticking. We’re supposed to get a bunch of rain later in the week.

Coldest night in the Anderson Valley so far this year, some reporting temps in the teens last night. Frozen pipes all over, only going to be upper 40’s for a high today.
With all the rain ahead of us upper 40’s will be our lows for a while. Thank goodness I don’t have a lot of firewood left.

Our neighbor recorded a low of 15F last night. [shock.gif]

Out of wood already? How can that be a good thing? [cry.gif]

Looks like northern CA is getting some needed rain today - I hope the storm is making it far enough down the coast to hit most wine regions? [stirthepothal.gif]

We just had two very very cold nights here in Calistoga. Entry pipe to the house was frozen yesterday morning, but thankfully I had no breaks. A fleece blanket in addition to the standard foam wrapping was not enough for that pipe, and I did not know about the freezing until I was soaked in the shower and first out of hot water and then any water. Not fun.

Accuweather is saying we will get 2-1/2 inches of rain - but not a drop yet. Firewood’s in, prayers being said [thumbs-up.gif].
The cover crops throughout the Valley are pathetic looking. We need this rain terribly.

I’ll believe this rain when I see it – but I can certainly confirm Merrill’s reports of cold. Brrr.

None here either.

We are getting the first real rain since harvest. It looks like rain or showers for the next week. It is about f’n time!

Update: 1.75 inches in the last 24 hrs.

We have a heavy mist this morning - enough to make the deck wet. Not pouring rain or dripping wet, mind you, but definitely not dry.

And finally it is really raining. Not pouring, but a steady light rainfall.

Storm door closes again Tuesday. Crap. [swearing.gif] [swearing.gif] [swearing.gif]

Solid rain for the next ten days in Oregon.

It was kinda cloudy here. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Raining pretty steadily and I would say moderately. Not downpours but nice, steady, soaking rainfall. Gotta love it! flirtysmile

We got 0.03"! More tomorrow (hopefully).

-Al

2 more inches as of early this morning and it continues to pour. [dance-clap.gif]

About five raindrops at 1PM. Now the sun is back out. [swearing.gif]

Sorry about that, Linda. We have puddles everywhere, and it has been raining fairly hard all afternoon. Looks to be 2 inches or so and not stopping…

0.55 in here in Southern Santa Clara, should continue through Weds