2009 and 2010 Bordeaux around $30ish

I’ve enjoyed earlier vintages of ormes (90s) but haven’t had a recent one. Almost bought the 10 based on that experience though.

Lots of good recommendations here. Another that is about $25 is Rochemorin. Very nice in 2009 and 2010. For near-term drinking.

[quote=“Robert Alfert, Jr.”
… Cantemerle, amazing and a value play at $45. The 2009 is a worthy purchase as well.[/quote]

Speak of the dee-vil, I just bought one. To the cashier who said to “enjoy the game” when I checked out, I didn’t have the heart to tell her I probably won’t drink it for another 10 years.

I drank a case of 1990 over 20 years and the last bottles were the best.

Hmm, good to hear Craig. The 2009 and 2010 are drinking very well now, but now I guess I’ll save a few.

I can remember 96, 00, and 03 Ormes de Pez – generally all solid, maybe the 03 was the best of the bunch for me. Based on that I did pick up a little of the 2010 OdP. I don’t expect anything transcendant, but it ought to taste like a Medoc based on their history.

The odds are stacked against second wines like ‘echo’ from many perspectives…but it may be worth a try if you feel like you’d miss something without tasting it i.e. if the grand vin is out of reach otherwise.

Love bordeaux but not a lanessan fan like most others

09 rochemorin is a fun new world/old world pessac…in a good spot $25