2002 Cali Cab Boardwide Virtual Tasting- Weekend of 2/26-2/28

Just drank a bottle of this last weekend. Getting very silky and still with rich fruit. One of the few wines I’d like to be able to back fill on.

I will open a 2002 Rubicon Estate / Niebaum-Coppola.

fair enough, I missed out. I will pull the 02 O’Shaughnessy

I assume you meant the Ramey, not the Shafer?

Perfect timing. I’m having 3 couples over for dinner 2/27. We’ll open a Pahlmeyer Prop Red. Almost all cab. Will that do? I think I also have a Far Niente. Over priced at the local steakhouse but not bad.

And I’ve got a 2002 Scholium Proserpina to add to the cab flight at my house.

First time participant in one of your virtual tastings, Mike… are Bordeaux varietal blends eligible?

If so, in addition to this list I could try 02 Sloan, Foley Claret, or Jones The Sisters

My 2002 Cabs though I’ll leave it to someone else to try the Match. [wink.gif]

Ill play…Seavey, foley, Insignia or SS depending on well whichever I find first :wink:

Thats great, Randy. Welcome.
You too, Jay!

Bump.

Mods, sticky please!

Uh oh. Not good.

No meat on Friday night because of Lent (combined with the fact that I gave up red meat for lent. Yes, I am an idiot.). So, if I pop a cab, it will need to be something after dinner. Cocktailish. 2002 Lewis Reserve maybe? Problem is, last bottle I had I did not like because of its far too sweet cocktailness.

Saturday we will be at a fundraising crab feed for my sons’ school. Probably not a lot of red wine there. And plastic tumblers to drink out of. And since it is an '80’s theme, white zin wine coolers. I am not making this up. Not conducive to appreciating fine cabernet.

Sunday will be chicken, so I need to think of a chicken recipe that can stand up to a cab. Help appreciated.

i think i will open '02 lewis rsrv cab this weekend

Will go with an '02 Match Butterdragon.

2002 Neiman Cellars

Do a Coq au Vin with red wine.

That was my first thought, but I would appreciate other suggestions as well!

Cutlets, flour, egged, sauteed.
Some white wine, chicken stock, artichoke hearts or spinach. Salt pepper.
Yum. Francese without the lemon.

or

Pieces in a Hunter style chicken alla cacciatore.

02 Phelps Insignia.

Possibly I will be echoing Humberto…

Is this wine ready?

2002 Joseph Phelps Insignia, USA, California, Napa Valley - CellarTracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just had the Howell Mountain last week. Drinking great!

That is my wife’s favorite (tossed with some rigatoni), but I usually do something much softer than cab. This might be a very interesting experiment. Thanks for the suggestion.

And the cutlet suggestion wasn’t too bad either!