10/22/16- Steak and Vine LaGrange IL

Jay

Add me to the list and/or wait list.

Thanks

Clayton

Looks like a small group- 4-6 I would guess

Right now I think you can pencil me in for two. I’ll verify as soon as I can.

I can make it with 1 guest for October 22nd, Saturday.

Question was asked about wines or theme- just wine that doesn’t suck!! I will be bringing either a Cab or Bordeaux with some age on them and a white to start. Just a fun night!

Thinking a couple of 86s - Pape Clement and Mondavi Reserve

I am coming. I put a 95 Phelps Insignia in my suitcase. Fortunately not a heavy bottle to schlep around today.

Nice. Some Strong choices. Will see what I can do… I brought a bunch of distinctly non-Cab types back with me so will have to look around a little. See you guys tonight.

Anyone taking an uber from the city (I’m in Bucktown). Happy to share if it works.

Thanks for all that came last night and sharing some really nice wines! A very nice evening of food, wine and discussion. Congrats to Nick Gangas- Steak and Vine is really a nice place. Steaks were very good.

Its always fun to meet people you know “virtually”.

I think the diverse lineup included

2009 Rhys Alpine Chard
Zepaltas Cab Franc(cant remember vintage)
1986 Mondavi Reserve
1986 Pape Clement
1995 Phelps Insignia
2000 Figeac
2006 Lynch Bages
2010 Peter Michael Les Pavots
2013 Snowden The Ranch
1975 Rieussec

Thanks Jay for organizing and great to meet everyone. Indeed Steak + Vine was very good, will definitely look to go back again when I swing through town again.

Wines were great, fantastic spread. The Zepaltas was a 2012 Pickberry Cab Franc.

See you all next time…

Thanks for coming out everyone. Like Jay said it was nice to put some faces to names. Enjoyed the tastes as well. excellent wines IMO.

Took me a few weeks, but posted some notes: