TN: 2012 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Kirschenmann (USA, California, Central Valley, Lodi)

• 2012 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Kirschenmann - USA, California, Central Valley, Lodi (4/4/2014)
    Started out tannic and rough around the edges. 2hrs in this is really coming to life. Small red berries, white pepper and bramble fruit nose.
    Spicy dark cherry, juicy core, bright acid, persistent tart edgy finish with crushed stone minerality and more tannins than other Bedrock Zins. Really fun drink.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dude, I am so itching to open one of these. Best to wait, decant, or what, in your opinion?

On first sip I thought I made a mistake. After the air I am happy I tried one. Didn’t decant, just followed through dinner and over 3-1/2 hours. Just poured the last glass as I type this.

I’m still getting to know Kirschnenmann Vineyard, but already I’m thinking of the wines as more like a Scherrer or Nalle - both of these are on the lighter side and age beautifully.

I drank two of these back last fall and there were ready to go as pop and pours at that time. Sounds like it is getting a little tighter.

Thanks for the note. I’ve also been eager to try this and compare it to the Turley version.

BUT is it as good at the '12 North Coast Syrah?

Haven’t opened one of those yet. Guess I’ll have to tonight.

Brian, +1 on your notes.

In general, I think Morgan’s 2012’s need time in the cellar. You can tell they have much to give but they’re oh so primary (even more so than normal). Imho, the best 2012 for drinking right now is the Bedrock Vineyard, or at least before it closes…just unbelievably good!

Great note Brian!

I was pulling random bottles from the cellar last night. Pulled one of these, read the label, and slid it right back into the rack.