Coravin promo code?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Larry Link
 
Posts: 159
Joined: August 13th 2010, 10:42am

Coravin promo code?

Post #1  Postby Larry Link » September 30th 2013, 11:07am

Does anyone have a code that they can share via PM for replacement capsules? A 6-pack is $57 plus tax plus $13 shipping from the company website, hopefully there is a 20% coupon floating around the ether. TIA.

Larry

Advertisement

User avatar
Chad Richardson
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: January 25th 2010, 2:11pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Coravin promo code?

Post #2  Postby Chad Richardson » September 30th 2013, 12:50pm

Can't help but would gladly take a promo code for the Coravin unit itself, while we're at it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I only look like I'm listening.
Barry Sunderland
 
Posts: 724
Joined: May 2nd 2010, 1:11pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Coravin promo code?

Post #3  Postby Barry Sunderland » September 30th 2013, 6:10pm

My capsule supply is running low...Would love to know a promo code, as well!
User avatar
Markus S
 
Posts: 2988
Joined: May 20th 2010, 7:27am

Coravin promo code?

Post #4  Postby Markus S » September 30th 2013, 6:22pm

Ahh, the old printer model of giving away the product and making the money on the ink!
Mark $ v € ® e ¡ k @
User avatar
Tom Wheltle
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 208
Joined: June 4th 2009, 9:58pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #5  Postby Tom Wheltle » September 30th 2013, 6:23pm

Markus S wrote:Ahh, the old printer model of giving away the product and making the money on the ink!


"Old" printer model??? I usually buy a new printer when I find out how much the refill cartridges will set me back!
Bill Gibbs
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 533
Joined: October 28th 2012, 8:08pm
Location: Moorpark / Paso Robles, CA

Coravin promo code?

Post #6  Postby Bill Gibbs » September 30th 2013, 6:35pm

8 tasting servings a cartridge?
We need an Argon welding tank adapter.
User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
SubscriberSubscriber
Rieslingfan
 
Posts: 17137
Joined: February 14th 2009, 9:06am

Coravin promo code?

Post #7  Postby D@vid Bu3ker » September 30th 2013, 6:36pm

Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.
Current avatar - Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - November 2013

David Bueker - Rieslingfan
User avatar
Eric LeVine
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 12064
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:58pm
Location: Seattle, WA & Bern, Switzerland

Coravin promo code?

Post #8  Postby Eric LeVine » September 30th 2013, 7:00pm

Bill Gibbs wrote:8 tasting servings a cartridge?
We need an Argon welding tank adapter.

Where are you getting that? They quote 15 on their website. The founder says he is able to achieve 20. Personally I am still on my first capsule and am at 16. Plus keep in mind that you eventually just pop the cork so don't need to use argon for the last 1/2 to 1/3 bottle.
-Eric LeVine (ITB)
It rhymes with wine...
Bill Gibbs
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 533
Joined: October 28th 2012, 8:08pm
Location: Moorpark / Paso Robles, CA

Coravin promo code?

Post #9  Postby Bill Gibbs » September 30th 2013, 7:01pm

Eric LeVine wrote:
Bill Gibbs wrote:8 tasting servings a cartridge?
We need an Argon welding tank adapter.

Where are you getting that? They quote 15 on their website. The founder says he is able to achieve 20. Personally I am still on my first capsule and am at 16. Plus keep in mind that you eventually just pop the cork so don't need to use argon for the last 1/2 to 1/3 bottle.


Big tastings...
User avatar
Eric LeVine
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 12064
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:58pm
Location: Seattle, WA & Bern, Switzerland

Coravin promo code?

Post #10  Postby Eric LeVine » September 30th 2013, 7:01pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.

They are more expensive than I would like but at 50 or 60 cents a glass you will save WAAAAY more in wine not wasted...
-Eric LeVine (ITB)
It rhymes with wine...
User avatar
Eric LeVine
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 12064
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:58pm
Location: Seattle, WA & Bern, Switzerland

Coravin promo code?

Post #11  Postby Eric LeVine » September 30th 2013, 7:02pm

Bill Gibbs wrote:
Eric LeVine wrote:
Bill Gibbs wrote:8 tasting servings a cartridge?
We need an Argon welding tank adapter.

Where are you getting that? They quote 15 on their website. The founder says he is able to achieve 20. Personally I am still on my first capsule and am at 16. Plus keep in mind that you eventually just pop the cork so don't need to use argon for the last 1/2 to 1/3 bottle.


Big tastings...

How many glasses are in your bottles? 4 or 6?
-Eric LeVine (ITB)
It rhymes with wine...
Bill Gibbs
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 533
Joined: October 28th 2012, 8:08pm
Location: Moorpark / Paso Robles, CA

Coravin promo code?

Post #12  Postby Bill Gibbs » September 30th 2013, 7:06pm

Big tastings
How many glasses are in your bottles? 4 or 6?



I'll count better and get back to you. Maybe I got 10-12. I'm only on 3rd cartridge, and testing it wasn't my priority, the wine was. @ $1/pour its a great deal when tapping $$$ wine. And a handy way for pairing selections, which now take even longer but are more fun.
User avatar
Gobindjit S. Dhaliwal
 
Posts: 124
Joined: September 6th 2011, 10:23am
Location: Panama, Rep. of Panama

Coravin promo code?

Post #13  Postby Gobindjit S. Dhaliwal » September 30th 2013, 9:27pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.


So only the Coravin branded Argon capsules fit the machine, I would've thought the capsules are universal...
ITB
Daniel Kim
 
Posts: 212
Joined: April 9th 2013, 12:19pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #14  Postby Daniel Kim » September 30th 2013, 10:22pm

They look identical except the little plastic insert. Just swap and voila??
User avatar
Tim Corliss
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 13th 2009, 10:14pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #15  Postby Tim Corliss » September 30th 2013, 10:56pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.


+1
ITB
User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
SubscriberSubscriber
Rieslingfan
 
Posts: 17137
Joined: February 14th 2009, 9:06am

Coravin promo code?

Post #16  Postby D@vid Bu3ker » October 1st 2013, 4:16am

Eric LeVine wrote:
David M. Bueker wrote:Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.

They are more expensive than I would like but at 50 or 60 cents a glass you will save WAAAAY more in wine not wasted...


All well and good, but I am not wasting wine now.
Current avatar - Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - November 2013

David Bueker - Rieslingfan
Bill Gibbs
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 533
Joined: October 28th 2012, 8:08pm
Location: Moorpark / Paso Robles, CA

Coravin promo code?

Post #17  Postby Bill Gibbs » October 1st 2013, 7:16am

Daniel Kim wrote:They look identical except the little plastic insert. Just swap and voila??


Let us know when you have been successful with this.
Chris S p i k e s
 
Posts: 2216
Joined: February 12th 2009, 11:48pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #18  Postby Chris S p i k e s » October 1st 2013, 9:08am

Bill Gibbs wrote:
Daniel Kim wrote:They look identical except the little plastic insert. Just swap and voila??


Let us know when you have been successful with this.


I was wondering if someone would come up with an adapter to fit the generic ones.

I'm like David, waiting to get more feedback to ensure that it is worth it and/or waiting until someone makes an aftermarket adapter.

Eric's point is valid though.
User avatar
Chris Blum
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 6902
Joined: October 10th 2009, 1:40pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Coravin promo code?

Post #19  Postby Chris Blum » October 1st 2013, 9:11am

Probably on my Xmas list from Jules
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French
Gerard S
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 380
Joined: June 22nd 2009, 11:51am

Coravin promo code?

Post #20  Postby Gerard S » October 1st 2013, 9:30am

For 15% off use the following code:

leichtgläubig
G E R A R D
S T R A N C H
User avatar
Bob Foster
 
Posts: 839
Joined: August 25th 2010, 5:52pm
Location: San Diego area.

Coravin promo code?

Post #21  Postby Bob Foster » October 1st 2013, 9:38am

Gerard Stranch wrote:For 15% off use the following code:

leichtgläubig


Nope.
Run 2 wine comps-judge 12 others
Larry Link
 
Posts: 159
Joined: August 13th 2010, 10:42am

Coravin promo code?

Post #22  Postby Larry Link » October 1st 2013, 9:52am

Gerard Stranch wrote:For 15% off use the following code:

leichtgläubig


Arschloch
Gerard S
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 380
Joined: June 22nd 2009, 11:51am

Coravin promo code?

Post #23  Postby Gerard S » October 1st 2013, 9:59am

:)
G E R A R D
S T R A N C H
Larry Link
 
Posts: 159
Joined: August 13th 2010, 10:42am

Coravin promo code?

Post #24  Postby Larry Link » October 1st 2013, 10:04am

A promo code has not surfaced yet, and I suspect that Coravin is keeping a tight rein on capsule prices for the reasons others have mentioned. Their business model is a good one (for the company), and I wouldn't be surprised if they start reducing the price of the device to the point of break-even and make all their profit on high gross margin cartridges.

I'm finding that my use case is to always have at least 1 white and 1 red "CV'd" and on tap. I've got a few bottles that are 1/2 drained that are sitting in the cellar for extended periods. I want to try them blind side by side with a fresh bottle after 3 months or so to see if we notice a difference.

Larry
User avatar
c fu
ModeratorModerator
Domaine De La Husky
 
Posts: 22889
Joined: January 27th 2009, 2:26pm
Location: DTLA/Pasadena

Coravin promo code?

Post #25  Postby c fu » October 1st 2013, 11:46am

Larry Link wrote:A promo code has not surfaced yet, and I suspect that Coravin is keeping a tight rein on capsule prices for the reasons others have mentioned. Their business model is a good one (for the company), and I wouldn't be surprised if they start reducing the price of the device to the point of break-even and make all their profit on high gross margin cartridges.

I'm finding that my use case is to always have at least 1 white and 1 red "CV'd" and on tap. I've got a few bottles that are 1/2 drained that are sitting in the cellar for extended periods. I want to try them blind side by side with a fresh bottle after 3 months or so to see if we notice a difference.

Larry

that's what I've been saying from the get go. Make the coravin itself cheaper. Get market penetration and just screw people over on capsules. It's the printer model!
Ch@rlie F|_|

"Roulot is Roulot"©
User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
SubscriberSubscriber
Rieslingfan
 
Posts: 17137
Joined: February 14th 2009, 9:06am

Coravin promo code?

Post #26  Postby D@vid Bu3ker » October 1st 2013, 12:08pm

Give 'em the razor...
Current avatar - Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - November 2013

David Bueker - Rieslingfan
User avatar
Ron Kramer
 
Posts: 6595
Joined: June 6th 2009, 4:09pm
Location: Near Boston

Coravin promo code?

Post #27  Postby Ron Kramer » October 1st 2013, 1:06pm

Does anyone know when version two will come out and how will it be improved?
User avatar
Loren Sonkin
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 3179
Joined: January 27th 2009, 1:37pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Coravin promo code?

Post #28  Postby Loren Sonkin » October 1st 2013, 2:33pm

Gerard Stranch wrote:For 15% off use the following code:

leichtgläubig


[welldone.gif] [winner.gif]
With regards,

Loren
Sonkin Cellars
ITB - California Syrah Blends
User avatar
Peter Tryba
 
Posts: 2987
Joined: March 25th 2009, 6:55pm
Location: Newton, MA

Coravin promo code?

Post #29  Postby Peter Tryba » October 1st 2013, 6:08pm

Bob Foster wrote:
Gerard Stranch wrote:For 15% off use the following code:

leichtgläubig


Nope.

Ok
That was hilarious!
champagne.gif
ITB
kidney fund: youcaring.com
User avatar
Carlos Delpin
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: June 13th 2012, 3:22am
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Coravin promo code?

Post #30  Postby Carlos Delpin » October 1st 2013, 6:49pm

Credulous or not I almost bought the Coravin today, but $75 ground shipping? How heavy is that thing? Thought that it would fit into a flat rate shipper.
AAgrawal
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: May 8th 2010, 7:22pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #31  Postby AAgrawal » October 1st 2013, 7:02pm

Carlos Delpin wrote:Credulous or not I almost bought the Coravin today, but $75 ground shipping? How heavy is that thing? Thought that it would fit into a flat rate shipper.

They're charging for ground shipping? It used to be included.
Ashish Agrawal
Sauternes Fanatic
Andrew Kaufman
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 12029
Joined: March 12th 2012, 10:09am
Location: LAX/San Fernando Valley, CA.

Coravin promo code?

Post #32  Postby Andrew Kaufman » October 1st 2013, 7:28pm

Charlie Fu wrote:
Larry Link wrote:A promo code has not surfaced yet, and I suspect that Coravin is keeping a tight rein on capsule prices for the reasons others have mentioned. Their business model is a good one (for the company), and I wouldn't be surprised if they start reducing the price of the device to the point of break-even and make all their profit on high gross margin cartridges.

I'm finding that my use case is to always have at least 1 white and 1 red "CV'd" and on tap. I've got a few bottles that are 1/2 drained that are sitting in the cellar for extended periods. I want to try them blind side by side with a fresh bottle after 3 months or so to see if we notice a difference.

Larry

that's what I've been saying from the get go. Make the coravin itself cheaper. Get market penetration and just screw people over on capsules. It's the printer model!


I am thinking 300.00 plus 75.00 sh. is not cheap.
User avatar
c fu
ModeratorModerator
Domaine De La Husky
 
Posts: 22889
Joined: January 27th 2009, 2:26pm
Location: DTLA/Pasadena

Coravin promo code?

Post #33  Postby c fu » October 1st 2013, 7:32pm

Andrew Kaufman wrote:
Charlie Fu wrote:
Larry Link wrote:A promo code has not surfaced yet, and I suspect that Coravin is keeping a tight rein on capsule prices for the reasons others have mentioned. Their business model is a good one (for the company), and I wouldn't be surprised if they start reducing the price of the device to the point of break-even and make all their profit on high gross margin cartridges.

I'm finding that my use case is to always have at least 1 white and 1 red "CV'd" and on tap. I've got a few bottles that are 1/2 drained that are sitting in the cellar for extended periods. I want to try them blind side by side with a fresh bottle after 3 months or so to see if we notice a difference.

Larry

that's what I've been saying from the get go. Make the coravin itself cheaper. Get market penetration and just screw people over on capsules. It's the printer model!


I am thinking 300.00 plus 75.00 sh. is not cheap.

I agree 300 is not cheap. I think they'd sell and make far more money if they sold it at the $199 they initially said they would.

Also in Carlos' case he is not in the continental United States hence the shipping charge. If you ordered it there wouldn't be a shipping charge
Ch@rlie F|_|

"Roulot is Roulot"©
User avatar
Z. Hu
 
Posts: 872
Joined: February 9th 2009, 10:17pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #34  Postby Z. Hu » October 1st 2013, 8:33pm

Bring your wines over Charlie and use my Coravin! I've had it for two weeks and have only used it once :(
Z H I
User avatar
Carlos Delpin
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 1235
Joined: June 13th 2012, 3:22am
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Coravin promo code?

Post #35  Postby Carlos Delpin » October 2nd 2013, 3:16am

Charlie, true, but shipping to PR carries no over charge within USPS system. It is the same as shipping to anywhere USA.
Rob Weaver
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 267
Joined: January 9th 2012, 12:04pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Coravin promo code?

Post #36  Postby Rob Weaver » October 2nd 2013, 5:05am

I'm having the plastic black top printed using a 3D printer. It just screws on other threaded argon cartridges. Coravin glues it on so that it is hard to remove and reuse.
gwagner
 
Posts: 268
Joined: January 21st 2013, 11:22am

Coravin promo code?

Post #37  Postby gwagner » October 2nd 2013, 7:27am

Where would one obtain a cheaper threaded argon cartidge? I am a jack of all trades and am at the end of my 1st capsule. I would love to perform an experiment and see if this is possible? The Black plastic adapter seems to be secured quite well. Not sure if they put a dab of locktite on it or not. Might be some epoxy. Anyone successfully unscrew this black adapter from a used capsule?
Gerald
Rob Weaver
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 267
Joined: January 9th 2012, 12:04pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Coravin promo code?

Post #38  Postby Rob Weaver » October 2nd 2013, 7:58am

gwagner wrote:Where would one obtain a cheaper threaded argon cartidge? I am a jack of all trades and am at the end of my 1st capsule. I would love to perform an experiment and see if this is possible? The Black plastic adapter seems to be secured quite well. Not sure if they put a dab of locktite on it or not. Might be some epoxy. Anyone successfully unscrew this black adapter from a used capsule?


threaded argon cartridges here

http://www.amazon.com/10-pak-ReServe-Ca ... B001HO1POS

I have removed the black adapter, but hurt it a bit in the process. It is sufficiently intact to reproduce.
Larry Link
 
Posts: 159
Joined: August 13th 2010, 10:42am

Coravin promo code?

Post #39  Postby Larry Link » October 2nd 2013, 10:32am

Rob Weaver wrote:
gwagner wrote:Where would one obtain a cheaper threaded argon cartidge? I am a jack of all trades and am at the end of my 1st capsule. I would love to perform an experiment and see if this is possible? The Black plastic adapter seems to be secured quite well. Not sure if they put a dab of locktite on it or not. Might be some epoxy. Anyone successfully unscrew this black adapter from a used capsule?


threaded argon cartridges here

http://www.amazon.com/10-pak-ReServe-Ca ... B001HO1POS

I have removed the black adapter, but hurt it a bit in the process. It is sufficiently intact to reproduce.


The dimensions aren't listed so I'm not sure this capsule will work with the CV. They cost $5.70 per cartridge vs. $9.50 for the CV product. I'm not sure if saving $3.80 per cartridge ($.25 per glass of wine CV'd) is worth the effort.

Larry
Rob Weaver
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 267
Joined: January 9th 2012, 12:04pm
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Coravin promo code?

Post #40  Postby Rob Weaver » October 2nd 2013, 11:49am

Larry Link wrote:
Rob Weaver wrote:
gwagner wrote:Where would one obtain a cheaper threaded argon cartidge? I am a jack of all trades and am at the end of my 1st capsule. I would love to perform an experiment and see if this is possible? The Black plastic adapter seems to be secured quite well. Not sure if they put a dab of locktite on it or not. Might be some epoxy. Anyone successfully unscrew this black adapter from a used capsule?


threaded argon cartridges here

http://www.amazon.com/10-pak-ReServe-Ca ... B001HO1POS

I have removed the black adapter, but hurt it a bit in the process. It is sufficiently intact to reproduce.


The dimensions aren't listed so I'm not sure this capsule will work with the CV. They cost $5.70 per cartridge vs. $9.50 for the CV product. I'm not sure if saving $3.80 per cartridge ($.25 per glass of wine CV'd) is worth the effort.

Larry


They do work and I only listed those as an example of what is out there. There are cheaper cartridges and larger supplies that can be adapted. If I looked at it as work, I would agree, but I don't see it that way. Its fun.
gwagner
 
Posts: 268
Joined: January 21st 2013, 11:22am

Coravin promo code?

Post #41  Postby gwagner » October 2nd 2013, 12:48pm

It's definitely not work. Total FUN! Not sure I would qualify it as a Macgyver project, but worth a few bucks and a bit of my time. Anyone have any empty capsules with the plastic piece intact that want to donate to the effort? I have access to a machine/plastic injecton shop. Send me a PM.
Gerald
User avatar
Jay Miller
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 8717
Joined: June 19th 2009, 5:18pm
Location: Jersey City

Coravin promo code?

Post #42  Postby Jay Miller » October 2nd 2013, 1:31pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
Eric LeVine wrote:
David M. Bueker wrote:Not buying a Coravin until there is a secondary source for cartridges.

They are more expensive than I would like but at 50 or 60 cents a glass you will save WAAAAY more in wine not wasted...


All well and good, but I am not wasting wine now.


Then it might not be a worthwhile purchase for you. I almost always end up dumping at least a third of any bottle I open at home so I've leaning towards getting one.

In other news Chelsea Wine Storage got in a Coravin for the use of their renters so I got to see it in action for the first time on Saturday. I've never had the wine before so I have no basis for comparison on it but it tasted fine to me.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.
gwagner
 
Posts: 268
Joined: January 21st 2013, 11:22am

Coravin promo code?

Post #43  Postby gwagner » October 3rd 2013, 2:57pm

So what would you do if you could have a cartridge with more capacity? Would anyone buy if it were 60 % of the price of coravin's capsules? I have access to a machine shop and am going to play around with prototyping some of these. Seems like a fun project to spend some time with my engineering friend.

I like the form factor of the coravin as it sits right now. It is slim, sleek and attractive, but might have to either elongate the threaded cover for the capsule, or increase its diameter. Not quite sure yet.

I just don't know how to source the cartridges. Working on that. Any ideas for sourcing larger argon cartridges with a threaded top would be great.

Rob, thanks in advance for sending me the adapter from your used cartridge. I still have 40-50% of my first cartridge full. But that will have to change as I need to inspect the puncture point.
Gerald
Jim V a n P e l t
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: June 5th 2009, 1:58pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Coravin promo code?

Post #44  Postby Jim V a n P e l t » October 6th 2013, 11:07am

David M. Bueker wrote:All well and good, but I am not wasting wine now.

This was more or less the gist of my wife's comment to me when I floated the trial balloon of buying a Coravin.

Paraphrasing - "when was the last time you opened a bottle you liked that lasted longer than 24 hours?"

Damn the logic thing!
keithevans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: October 21st 2012, 2:11pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #45  Postby keithevans » March 21st 2014, 4:53pm

Ok, I did it and it was successful.

I bought the 10 pack generic cartridges above from amazon and took some pliers and twisted the black top off the old coravin cartridge and twisted it on the new one and it works fine.


But..... The cartridges are out of stock or something on amazon as the price is $488.

Also ! The product page has changed and says, not for other wine preserver systems.

Well that's bs, they work fine.

So why would they state this ?

Did coravin send them harassing emails ? I bet they did.

Will they send me harassing emails now ? I bet they will.

.
Andrew Kaufman
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 12029
Joined: March 12th 2012, 10:09am
Location: LAX/San Fernando Valley, CA.

Coravin promo code?

Post #46  Postby Andrew Kaufman » March 21st 2014, 5:29pm

keithevans wrote:Ok, I did it and it was successful.

I bought the 10 pack generic cartridges above from amazon and took some pliers and twisted the black top off the old coravin cartridge and twisted it on the new one and it works fine.


But..... The cartridges are out of stock or something on amazon as the price is $488.

Also ! The product page has changed and says, not for other wine preserver systems.

Well that's bs, they work fine.

So why would they state this ?

Did coravin send them harassing emails ? I bet they did.

Will they send me harassing emails now ? I bet they will.

.


These should also work:

http://www.amazon.com/Cartridge-Cartrid ... cartridges
User avatar
John D. Zuccarino
 
Posts: 526
Joined: February 8th 2009, 1:43pm
Location: Finger Lakes Seneca Lake NYS

Coravin promo code?

Post #47  Postby John D. Zuccarino » March 21st 2014, 6:29pm

Tom Wheltle wrote:
Markus S wrote:Ahh, the old printer model of giving away the product and making the money on the ink!


"Old" printer model??? I usually buy a new printer when I find out how much the refill cartridges will set me back!



Amen... I just did this ...it's so stupid .. The dollar difference was negligible ... It's it green, I am this is a problem...
"if I cannot move heaven I
keithevans
 
Posts: 14
Joined: October 21st 2012, 2:11pm

Coravin promo code?

Post #48  Postby keithevans » March 22nd 2014, 9:23am

awesome, good find ! so about $5 a piece instead of coravin $10 a piece.

Anybody else wonder why these amazon pages make a fuss about not using these for other wine preservers ?
They clearly work fine for the coravin, I have used 10 of them so far with no problems.

I wonder if other people were buying them for other wine preserver systems that dont use the
threaded cartridges like these ?

Andrew Kaufman wrote:
keithevans wrote:Ok, I did it and it was successful.

I bought the 10 pack generic cartridges above from amazon and took some pliers and twisted the black top off the old coravin cartridge and twisted it on the new one and it works fine.


But..... The cartridges are out of stock or something on amazon as the price is $488.

Also ! The product page has changed and says, not for other wine preserver systems.

Well that's bs, they work fine.


.


These should also work:

http://www.amazon.com/Cartridge-Cartrid ... 00IDDDG2K/
drsugarman
 
Posts: 538
Joined: January 28th 2009, 7:14am

Coravin promo code?

Post #49  Postby drsugarman » April 4th 2014, 5:44am

I am looking using a Coravin for Samples when I am out sell wine. Anybody out there in Berserker-Land know where these might be bought in greater bulk than a 12 Pack?

Think is a matter of nomenclature;
Consumer = cartridges or chargers

Seen some referred as sparklets ... any compressed gas wizards know the real answer?
D a v i d S u g a r m a n
I T B
User avatar
Joe B
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: October 28th 2012, 2:40pm
Location: illinois

Coravin promo code?

Post #50  Postby Joe B » April 4th 2014, 6:59am

$75.

Holy crap.

How much is the charge in shipping on top of the cartridges.

I see people saying that each pouring costs me this much but I doubt that they have included the shipping in that.
J W@ll @ce
WOTY 2008 Realm the Bard 97 pts
Runner up. 2013 Outpost Zinfandel Howell MTn. 94 pts

Return to Wine Talk

logo
Food Advertising by