Paul Clouet Champagne?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Michael S. Monie

Paul Clouet Champagne?

Post #1  Postby Michael S. Monie » July 7th 2013, 7:01am

I had a bottle of Paul Clouet's Brut Champagne recently and found it to be quite impressive. Having done a search here, I saw quite a few references to Andre Clouet but not so for Paul. Are they related? Can anyone tell me more about Paul Clouet? Thanks.
Adrian So is hilarious!

Advertisement

todd waldmann
SubscriberSubscriber

Paul Clouet Champagne?

Post #2  Postby todd waldmann » July 7th 2013, 7:09am

I have had a couple of bottles of the Paul Clouet Brut as well Michael & apparently liked it as much as you did.

If you look at the website, it states that Marie-Therese Bonnaire-Clouet is attempting to continue the work of her father, Andre Clouet & her grandfather, Paule Clouet. It sure sounds like they must be related, but who knows?
“Burgundy is, well, Burgundy. A minefield of potential disappointments beloved by elitists and pseudo-intellectuals who like to discuss ad nauseam growers and terroirs—not quality.” RMP

"Look in the mirror, oh, ye sanctimonious shits. The largest part of the problem here is that you do not like what you see there, and you project that unto me." BK
Mike Hawkins

Paul Clouet Champagne?

Post #3  Postby Mike Hawkins » July 8th 2013, 12:44am

They have links with Bonnaire, as I recall tasting them all at the one house.
scott c
SubscriberSubscriber

Paul Clouet Champagne?

Post #4  Postby scott c » July 8th 2013, 12:36pm

I visited Jean-Francois Clouet, who runs Andre Clouet, in May. I asked him about Paul Clouet and he said that house is run by his aunt.
c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."
-Julian P. ("Pappy") Van Winkle, Sr.

Terroirist.com
Jeff Hellman

Paul Clouet Champagne?

Post #5  Postby Jeff Hellman » July 9th 2013, 5:59am

We import Paul Clouet. It is available at retailers in NY, CT, MA and FL. The wines are made at the Bonnaire facility by the Bonnaire family. Madame Bonnaire inherited the vines, which are in Bouzy, Chouilly and in the Aube. There is a family relationship with Andre Clouet, but he plays no role in the vineyard management or the winemaking. Jean-Etienne Bonnaire is now in charge of the vineyard management and winemaking, although his father remains active.

Return to Wine Talk