Fitness Weekend in the Mountains!

This past weekend Kelly and I headed up into the mountains around Vail, CO - Avon and Beaver Creek to be exact. Brad and Diane England invited a fun group of couples to partake in the natural beauty of the area - including all of the beautiful women that made the weekend that much more enjoyable. Some pretty darn good wines were sent ahead by all to share and great weather made “Fitness Weekend” a success. Sooo, we did hike one of the mornings and danced a lot to the Gangnam Style dude - that’s about all the exercise we got except for our hand lifting a glass of GREAT wine to our lips and down the gullet [cheers.gif] ! The cast included some super fun people including: Brad/Diane England, Ray Tuppatsch/Kim, Carl/Joanne Klapper, Roger/Diane Nellans, and Kelly/myself. Can’t find a better group to share wine with - till next time!! There were 52 or so bottles counted among the dead soldiers so I may have forgotten to write down notes on a few…

List of wines in semi chronological order. I believe there were about 6-8+ bottles that we didn’t get to believe it or not - we couldn’t open any more!
Wines that others will need to fill in some details :O)))):

1985 Krug Champagne Brut, 1982 Pol Roger Champagne Extra Cuvée de Réserve Brut, 1996 Salon Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs, 1995 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon Oenothèque, 1972 E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie La Mouline

1962 Bodegas Vega-Sicilia Ribera del Duero Único: Garnet color with slight browning on the edge, savory tobacco, black cherry, more savory heme elements, leaves and mushrooms. Savory blackberry flashes throughout with touches of leather. This wine was fabulous - a wine that was so classy! 97pts.

1968 Bodegas Vega-Sicilia Ribera del Duero Único: A shade darker than the 1962 and every bit as elegant. Take the '62 and add some viscosity and you can just imagine where this '68 sat - on top of the heap… Or at least till the '70 showed up :O). Super wine!! 98+ pts - yes, this has many years of great++ drinking ahead of it if you have well stored bottles.

1970 Bodegas Vega-Sicilia Ribera del Duero Único: This wine is a legend - and - I’m glad my wife is a 1970’er because this wine will be around for her 70+ birthday. Rich profile of earth, black spiced cherry, and that wonderful savory mouthfeel that Unico exudes. Tobacco throughout - powerful wine. 99pts.

1988 Krug Champagne Brut: Many agreed that this was a touch advanced. Salted caramel, touches of lacy acidity, brioche, lime zest. Nice to drink - not the best example of this that I’ve had. 92pts.

1988 Krug Champagne Clos du Mesnil: Loved this - this is the first '88 Krug Mesnil. Floral, chalk, flashes of citrus cream throughout. Short bread and butter - tart dough and more chalk laced butter scents. That’s what I have written down at least :op. 98pts.

1985 Krug Champagne Brut from Magnum: Flashes of tart citrus cream, cold stone fruits (that’s for you Ray - haaaaa), chalk, lemon cake, more minerals, and a super nice acid spine on this one - wonderful. 98+pts from magnum! The next day there was maybe a couple glasses left in the magnum that was stored in the refrigerator. Still quite nice with more tropical caramel flavors - spiced apples. Still very good and a great way to hydrate during breakfast… 96pts.

1993 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet: Orange blossom, creamsicle=yummy (that’s for you Kim!), smoke, butterscotch pudding, very floral with flashes of spiced vanilla cream. Medium finish with ample mid-palate. This one really added more tropical and cold caramel scents in the glass - layers (thanks for saving some Carl). If you have any of this - let it develop in the glass. 96pts.

1999 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet: At first this showed some hints of reduction that blew off with time. Gunsmoke, rubber, matchstick… Not my favorite of the bunch but it really built up in the glass with lovely cold pear and chalky minerality. 94+pts.

2001 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet: This one was wonderful and gave consistent pleasure from start to finish. Chalk, smoke, fresh herbs - dried pineapple with flashes of cold celery. Wonderful and broad in the mouth - powdery tannins. D.Leflaive Chevy from '00, '01, and '02 are winners! 97pts.

1961 Marey-Monge Romanée St. Vivant: No where near the showing of this bottle the last two times one was opened. Off bottle - the only thing I have written down is muted spice. Not bad to drink - just not proper…

1966 Marey-Monge Romanée St. Vivant: Funky nose, leather, sous bois, forest floor. Savory - but - got a bit of a muddy pour. Lots of leather from a different glass - drink up! 92pts.

1980 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant: Not a bad showing for this one IMHO. Black cherry, cola scents, mushrooms, flashes of spiced tobacco - a wee bit thin on the palate but nothing to complain about really. 92pts.

1961 Mommessin Clos de Tart: A disappointing showing for this one - Darn! Varnish with flashes of red berry fruit - nothing more really. This one was VERY good two weeks ago… Oh well.

1966 Georges Noellat Grands-Echezeaux: Identical wine to the Leroy version from what I hear? Earthy blackberry, flashes of black raspberry, sois bois, leather spice. A super nice aged wine with plenty of elegance. 96pts.

2002 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Musigny Cuvée Vieilles Vignes: Funky showing for this wine for whatever reason - weird is what I have down. I have had better bottles of this one but I’m not sure this will ever be what the '93 is today.

1955 Château Haut-Brion: Smoky black currant, hints of bacon fat, cigar ash tray scents. Really didn’t budge from there and didn’t show much more with air - still nice to drink though… 92pts.

1989 Château Haut-Brion: This bottle seems shut tight from the start - a perfect bottle purchased on release and stored all these years by him. This wasn’t corked at all (ie. muted) - just didn’t give us any lov’n even after being adequately decanted.

1990 Château Margaux: Perfume is what I have written down - titan of a wine IMHO. This was the best of the Bdx up to this point and shows so much promise. Floral perfume, black currant, light roast coffee, soft cassis - all with air time in the glass. Rich yet present tannins - nice. 97+pts - hold for 20 years from now…

1988 E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie La Turque: As close to the century mark as I got this weekend. Blackberry, smoked bacon, heme - oh soooo savory. The palate on this one is to die for - from start to finish this wine was amazing! 99pts!

I need to build more momentum to post the upcoming day of wines - tomorrow - so stay tuned neener .

Sounds like lifting all those glasses would be a workout ! Glad to see you living large !

[cheers.gif]

More notes…
1990 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame: Brad had the order correct - this was nice to drink but not as finely tuned as the next two. Brioche, chalk, tight bubbles - just seemed to lack the precision on the palate to let me givie it a higher score… 93pts.

1988 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame: Fresh bread, lime zest, crisp and clean personality. Medium+ finish with plenty of chalk and minerality to get this up into the mid 90s for me. 95pts.

1989 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Brut La Grande Dame: Classy juice - a couple more layers of complexity than the '88 has. Lime cream, crystalline minerality, lovely precise acidity. Gained in the glass. 97pts.

2004 Bouchard Père et Fils Montrachet: Another '04 white burg that is spot on. I believe Bouchard is making some fantastic whites of late - the '04 vintage is an example (no probs with the pox in '04 from the many I’ve tasted). Bouchard makes an elegant and classy Montrachet that seems understated at first - then really builds with layers in the glass. Great mix of well integrated oak, acidity, minerality, and class - Yum stuff. 97+pts.

2002 Domaine Leflaive Chevalier-Montrachet: Another really nice '02 Leflaive Chevalier - my second in a couple of weeks. From two different cellars and both stellar! Powder gold color, spiced apples, lime cream, smoke - medium++ finish with more peach cream and minerality to lengthen the experience. Nice. 97-98pts.

2000 Domaine Ramonet Bâtard-Montrachet: Pox’d - to bad!

1966 Maison Leroy Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots: Natural Ox going on here - at the correct levels though. I found this one really broadened and stretched its legs as it sat in the glass. Broad meursault flavors, touch of cream, bruised apples, butter cream, beur blanc… Touches of apricots - a pleasure to taste this old soul. 93pts.

2005 Vincent Girardin Bâtard-Montrachet: Well - this was a pleasant trio of '05 white burgs… I do have some '04s of the three of these - generally love to drink these wines from an often overlooked white wine producer. This one was in lockstep with the BBM - broader personality when compared to the Bienvenues with an extra layer of extract and minerality that really showed itself to me in the midpalate. Nice… 95pts.

2005 Vincent Girardin Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet: This had a brighter acid laced personality on the nose but fell short on the midpalate and finish. Still lovely to drink and well worth the $. 93pts.

2005 Vincent Girardin Chevalier-Montrachet: Classy and worth owning - being an '05 white burg and all :op. Chalk, lemon cake, soft spices on the nose. Focused palate presence - nice!! 97pts.

1983 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Romanée St. Vivant: From an original mixed case and drinking just fine! Herbal spice - smoke, flashes of lavender - good acidity without overpowering the fruit to much - balanced feel. Can’t see this getting any better - drink now. 94pts.

1990 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Grands-Echezeaux: Quality stuff here - DRC GE is the value play if there is one :astonished:). Flashes of sweet red berries and cherry fruit, broad earth driven flavors, sappy fruit… Powdery tannins that really open up toward the end. An age worthy red burg that will be better in 10+ years. 97+pts.

1988 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Grands-Echezeaux: Nice showing here. A bottle of '88 Tache can show flashes of herbs that some call a flaw (not me!) - this '88 GE has those flashes but really contain them in a nice earthy shell. Sous bois, mushrooms, black cherry, lovely round earth elements - long and savory tannins. Nice - 96pts. I think the '88 Richebourg is the winner in '88.

1980 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bonnes Mares: Corked by many accounts - maybe off. The decanter was still mostly full in the morning - smelled it (like many) - nothing corked about this one. I couldn’t bring myself to down wine that early in the day so others will need to comment on the quality of this one :O).

1993 Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé Bonnes Mares: I fell in love with the quality of the '93 Vogue Musigny last year - this '93 BM is no different. Vogue in '93=winner! I generally don’t love the Vogue BM and only buy it when others are bundled together - no prob. Truffles, earth, heme, flashes of spice cake and cherries. The tannins are there but in full check with the fruit - this one is starting to give a bit but is still a decade or two away from full maturity. One to age - 96+pts.

1966 Moillard Bonnes Mares: An off bottle.

1966 Domaine Robert Arnoux / Arnoux-Lachaux Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Chaumes: A re-release from the winery. Leather with flashes of black cherry and mushrooms - nice savory profile with plenty of secondary fruit to balance out the acidity. Long mouthfeel with flashes of chocolate and spices. Nice - right up there with the '66 RSV IMHO. 96pts.

2002 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti La Tâche: Yep Brad - many '02 red burgs are nice now :O). Tight Asian spices - I call them tight because of the high toned nature of the spice profile. Lovely and long on the palate with black raspberry, chocolate cherry, herbal from stems…, red flowers, hints of roses. Still young but drinks nice now. 98+pts.

1974 E. Guigal Côte-Rôtie La Mouline: This may be the last time I get to try this lovely birth year wine - Thx Ray T.!!! Black cherry, Christmas cake spice, roasted meats, more black fruits, leather, smoked blackberry, mocha, fresh ground light roast coffee. Balanced finish with no dried out tannins - I couldn’t have asked for a better birthyear wine. 97pts for me - loved it till the last drop.

1982 Château Haut-Brion: This one was firing on all cylinders - rich earth, rocks, heme, cedar box… This one gained in the glass - still sooo young but drinks great now. 98pts.

1996 Domaine Méo-Camuzet Clos Vougeot: Not a bad showing for this one - Meo-Cam’s CV is a winner in their portfolio - I have few of the '09 Meo-Cam Maupertuis coming and can’t wait to try it right away and over time. Uplifting and fresh personality - bing cherry, nutmeg, uplifted black strawberry - nice acid profile. Lovely. 94-95+pts.

1983 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Richebourg: From the same case the '83 RSV came from. A step or two better than the RSV - earth, truffles, clove, spiced citrus zest - rich and powerful personality that showed great balance on the palate. Nothing to complain about here - 97pts.

1976 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon: Right up there and even better than a recent '75 DP a couple of weekends ago. Tight bubbles, chalk and mineral driven nose and palate, flashes of tart lemon cake, fresh dough. Lovely and long - 98pts.

1990 Henri Giraud Champagne Fût de Chêne: Last bottle of this one - still very young. Lime cream, tart crystaline minerality, balanced acidity, bright and tight on the nose. The palate drinks like a yound chablis would - lime, saline laced brioche. Lovely - 96+pts.

I think that’s it? I don’t have anything in my notes so I may have missed some… CHEERS and thanks for reading!

jon - when i grow up i want to be just like you.

awesome set of wines.

[cheers.gif]

impressive, so many great bottles.

Feb. Edson!! We need to get Buzz down here then also flirtysmile !

Thanks for the notes. Many amazing bottles. I have a 1971 Charles Noellat Richebourg, bought at auction, do you know the relationship between George and Charles Noellat? I thought Charles’s vineyards went to Leroy and George’s to Hudelot-Noellat?

Jon, you are a machine. Here are a couple of wines you missed out on…
96 Salon - always terrific.
72 Mouline - was co-WOTW for me (along with the 83 DRC Richebourg).
85 Krug (750ml) - good at lunch, but the mag before dinner was better.
82 Pol Roger - everything you look for in a good older champagne - wonderful.
95 Oeno - what can I say, it was just a warm-up evening before you arrived the next day.
Additional comments: The trio of 62,68,70 Unico showed why so many of us fell in love with Unico. Historically, the 62 is my favorite, but your ranking was correct for these - 70,68,62.
88 Krug Mesnil is one of my favorite champagnes. (Like good 69 DP’s and 69 DP Oeno, which you will have at Paulee next year.)
We had some relative under-performance of the reds on Friday (your first post above). That’s burgundy, well, and bordeaux.
89 La Grande Dame is very good, and the 88 isn’t too bad either.
The 05 Girardin Montrachet trio on Saturday afternoon was an unexpected surprise to the positive - glad I have a bunch of these.
Love the 88 and 83 DRC’s, and 88 and 83 period. And 80, notwithstanding our issues with bottles this weekend.
And of course the bomb - Gangnam Style, times 20. Yikes.

Thanks for posting Jon. I finally got around to writing up some notes. A big thank you to Brad and Diane. What a lovely home and a great setting. And thanks to everyone who participated is sending wines in for the weekend. Ray, I know you have your own locker in Brad’s beautiful cellar, but we surely made a dent in your stash. It was the perfect time of year with all of the aspens turning brilliant yellow. What fun to get to meet Diane E, Ray, Kimberly, Carl and Joanne! The wines were outstanding and what a treat. Fun was had by all, especially learning the Gangnam!!! The hike was great…pretty steep climb at 9000 feet, but we all made it without a hitch.

1982 Pol Roger Extra Cuvée de Resérve Brut - Beautiful wine served immediately upon entering Brad and Diane’s home. Deep yellow. Beautiful aromatics and complex palate with just enough acid. Drinking great! 94 pts I might mention that all champagnes were served in white wine glasses and most were opened a fair amount of time prior to drinking.

1962 Vega Sicilia Unico - Cedar, spice, leather. Middle weight, red fruited. Sweet finish. 95 pts

1968 Vega Sicilia Unico - Dark cherries, tobacco, spice, ripe, opulent and seems younger than it’s age. More depth, fruit and extract than the '62. 97 pts.

1970 Vega Sicilia Unico - A big boy. Everything that the '68 had and more. Leather, dark fruit, mocha, some tar. Power. Dusty tannins on the finnish…Needs time. 98 pts.

1988 Krug - As Jon noted, more advanced, but I really enjoyed it. Brioche and a little caramel and butterscotch. Good acid. 94 pts

1988 Krug Clos du Mesnil- Superb! I was waiting for this. Citrus, pie dough, good fruit. Complex. It really developed in the glass with some air. Some butter aromas developed with time in the glass. More acidity than the '88 vintage. Very long……98 pts.

1985 Krug en magnum - Second time we had the wine today….the first being in 750 on arrival. Pear, apple, almond, mineral, citrus. . Rich, balanced and good depth. Great acidity and length. A big more cut on the mag. 96 pts.

1993 Leflaive Chevalier - Drinking well. It’s developed some complexity. Good tropical fruit with some botrytis and creme brûlée. Soft and if any criticism, it would be perhaps a bit lacking in acid. But very enjoyable. 93 pts.

1999 Leflaive Chevalier - This is a big chevy. Citrus, mineral with a touch of matchstick. Powerful, muscular with broad shoulders. Big extract and initially it was a bit out of balance to me…however after and hour or so in the glass, it seemed to come around. This will be great in the long haul. 94 pts now with a lot of upside in the future.

2001 Leflaive Chevalier - I loved this wine from the get go. Matchstick, floral, citrus, minerality. Pure, elegant. Great balance. Long, long finish. Drinking perfectly now. These wines remind me how much I love Leflaive. 95 pts.

1961 Marey-Monge RSV - This bottle not as good as one prior at La Paulee, but still a nice drink. The nose seemed to wax and wane…it did get better with time. Nice balance with a fair amount of acid on the finish. There is still good fruit on the palate. 92 pts.

1966 Marey-Monge RSV - Forest floor galore on the nose. Some leather. Big, extracted with some menthol. Still some dusty tannins, but good balance. Very long finish. 93 pts.

1980 DRC RSV - Loved this wine. Cherry fruit, ,some cola. A very expressive nose. Still good fruit on the palate. Tannins totally resolved. Silky with a nice long finish. A beautiful mature burg! 95 pts.

2002 Vogue Musigny - Jon you missed this one in your notes. Thanks Brad for bringing this one up from the cellar. This is a baby. Dark fruits. Huge structure. Big tannins and great dark fruits on the palate. Not showing particularly well at this time, but should develop with 15-20 years of cellaring. 95-97 pt potential down the road.

1961 Clos de Tart - Gone! Very light color. Just a shell of a wine at this time. We had a much better bottle recently……“no such things as great wines, just great bottles” holds true. NR

1966 G Noellat Grands Echezeaux - Supposedly the same wine as '66 Leroy GE. Somewhat rustic with some burg funk. Dark fruits. Quite nice 94 pts.

1955 Haut Brion - Needed to recalibrate the palate going to bordeaux. Very nice. Huge smoky nose. Tobacco and earth. Silky long finish. Lacked a bit in depth. 92 pts

1989 Haut Brion - I liked better than Jon, primarily due to potential. Big dark fruits, tobacco nose. A very big wine with lots of depth in the middle. Rich and long. Not real showy now, however, I think this will be great in time. 95 pts.

1990 Margaux - Sweet cassis and lilies on the nose. Ripe with some earth, with hint of licorice. Beautiful balance. Silky finish. No hurry on opening the next one. Beautiful wine. 98 pts.

1988 Guigal La Turque - Very dark. Pepper,smoke and herbal nose. Big structured wine with very good acidity on the finish. Drinking well now. 95 pts.

1990 Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame - Served a trio of 88, 89 and 90. This was my least favorite of the group, although still quite nice. Some dough, citrus and minerals. Seems balanced. 93 pts.

1988 Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame - Up a notch from the 90. Toast, citrus. Good balance and depth. 94 pts.

1989 Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame - Best of the three. Citrus with a bit more depth and complexity. 96 pts.

2004 Bouchard Monty - A very good wine! Not a ‘big’ Monty and more elegant and middle weight. Citrus, floral nose with lots of minerality. Some butter aromas seemed to creep in with airing. Great acid and balance. Long finish. 96 pts.

2002 Leflaive Chevy - Did I say that I loved Leflaive? Yes! Some peach, citrus and very expressive nose. Somewhat forward for a 02, but super wine. A little more approachable than the Monty. Sweet lush fruit in the middle with good depth. Long, long finish with great cut. 97 pts.

2000 Ramonet Batard - Pox’d. Bummer!

1966 Leroy Meursault Poruzots - Deep yellow. Advanced with some apricot and apple in the nose. Lush with good fruit and some acid remaining. 93 pts.

2005 V Girardin Batard - What a treat to try these three of same producer and same vintage. All three of these were quite nice. And ‘relative’ QPR’s. This seemed like a blend of the BBM and CM to me. To me, not quite the broad shoulders of the BBM, but has some elegance of the CM. Good balance. 95 pts

2005 V Girardin Bievnenues-Batard - Less expressive on the nose than the other two.Some tropical fruit. Broad shoulders, quite rich with huge fruit in the middle. More extract than the BM. Good balance. Very good acidity on the finish. 94 pts.

2005 V Girardin Chevy - More elegant. Minerality and citrus blended together just right. Great balance with very good acid on the backend. 96 pts.

1983 DRC RSV - Rose petals, tea on the nose. No rot. Very elegant wine and fully mature. Still some tannin and fruit poking through on the palate. 92 pts.

1988 DRC Grands Echezeaux - Big nose with lots of sous bois. Powerful wine, with big structure. It seemed to get a little out of balance after an hour in the glass. The tannin overpowered the fruit. Lots of acid on the backend. 91 pts.

1990 DRC Grands Echezeaux - Now we’re talking! Slightly shy on the nose initially, but developed with time. Wow on the palate with great depth, fruit and soft tannins. Great structure. This should be a great GE in another 10 years. Really not much change in the wine from a previous bottle drunk 3 years ago. 98 pts.

1980 Vogue Musigny - I think this was a Moose Jon. Unfortunately corked!!

1993 Vogue Bonnes Mares - Unfortunately my last bottle, but what a good bottle it was! It really need some more time, but nonetheless it was beautiful at this time. Dark fruits, earth, concentrated. Tannins are soft. Great structure with plenty of fruit on the palate. 95 pts.

1966 Moillard Bonnes Mares - Oxidized.

1966 Arnoux VR Chaumes (Library release) - Very aromatic with leather, red fruits, minerals on the nose. Some barnyard. Middle weight palate that matches the nose. 94 pts.

2002 DRC LaTache - I think Brad felt bad because of the two flawed bottles and also wanted to prove to me that the 02’s are drinking well at this time. Well, this is some wine. It is approachable now, but what a future it has imo. Very aromatic with floral, stems, asian spice in the nose. Some earth. Great red and dark fruits. Big mid-palate with great fruit, acid, tannins and balance. Finish went on and on. 98 pts.

1974 Guigal La Mouline - Wow wine on opening. Opened as it’s Jon’s birthyear. What a treat. Mocha, spice, coffee. Balanced. Still good fruit. 94 pts.

1996 Meo Camuzet Clos Vougeot - At the end of the night and palate getting a bit fatigued. Big structured wine. Dark cherries. Quite enjoyable with good future. No hurry to open the next one. 93 pts.

1983 DRC Richebourg - One of the better wines of the evening imo. Who says that '83’s are over the hill….Wrong!! Better than the RSV and much more substance to it. Sous bois, earth on the nose. Rich with excellent structure. Super wine! 97 pts.

1982 Haut Brion - I know Brad, that this was opened for Diane in the midst of all of the burgs, but I did get a taste. Boy do I love HB. This was drinking perfectly… Tobacco and cassis. Big palate with still a lot of fruit and excellent balance. Very nice. 96 pts.

1976 Dom Perignon - One of the better champagnes and what a treat drinking while dancing the Gangnam! Pure elegance and complexity. Toast, nuts with great fruit. Mature. Still great acid. A super wine! 98 pts.

1990 H Giraud Fut de Chene - A lovely wine, but too bad it followed the 76 Dom. Difficult to compete. Very fresh with good citrus and some pear. Good fruit on the palate with very bright finish. 94 pts.

Thanks again to all for a wonderful weekend. Can’t wait for the next get together.
Cheers [cheers.gif]

Just confirmed that the '66 GE a couple of nights ago was the Georges… Confusing for sure [wow.gif]! I have some '70s era Charles Noellat coming… Not sure of the difference between the Charles and Georges Noellat bottlings but many seem to be in the same vintages. Anyone know and could educate us??

I’m crushed, Jonathan, to have missed the email invite. Imagine the workouts - cycling through those mountains - I would have made you endure in order to deserve those fantastic wines. Pleasure must be attained through the crucible of pain, and only then, then, can you experience true nirvana.

You drink like a rock start, my man, thanks for posting these notes! Those are the kinds of wine that one bottle alone makes an evening. Pictures?

Sorry the 89 HB did not show better for you. A Sickly great wine!

76 Dom + gangnam. That’s so gangnam :slight_smile:

I’m never ever going to post another tasting note on this board out of sheer embarassment.

It hurt soooo good Robert neener [highfive.gif]. I tell you - I do see the merits of exercising during wine heavy days/nights to keep limber… Helps to lift the glass easier! Lots of water also… There were lots of pictures taken - don’t want to show you the one of Ray’s purple shoes grouphug.

There were a couple of wines that didn’t perform for whatever reason - win some/lose some. CHEERS

Pics on FB Burgundy Geeks if interested.

Actually a pretty good mix Faryan [drinkers.gif]. That '76 Dom was nice - Gangnam style - haaaaaa!!!

Amazing pics, too - why not upload them here?

Yea, FB is dead anyway!

Todd, how about a new emoticon for Gangnam style ? Seriously.

Good idea - have you found one?

Only a static one:

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪

I’ve asked one of my computer guys to search for one or make one.