Schrader wine is now selling Cigars!

This just arrived in my in box! What do you guys think about a winery selling cigars?

Introducing an Exciting New Cigar
from Napa Valley Vintner Fred Schrader

:diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: :diamonds: Schrader Hispañiola

Dear Friends of Schrader,

My love affair with cigars started forty-two years ago as a twenty year old, with Gerald Randolph — friend, colleague and mentor in art, wine and cigars. He introduced me to fine Cuban cigars one night over some 1890’s Armangac, and I have been exploring the craft ever since.

This year I have produced a magnificent cigar under the guidance of American cigar wizard, and recognized leading tobacconist, Michael “The Stickman” Herklots. At his boutique cigar factory, Para Ti, we were able to create “The Sparky,” a limited edition cigar unique in size, shape and blend. Just as we have sought the finest fruit and the greatest talent to produce incredible wines, we have sourced the finest tobaccos available in the market today. In our continuing effort to create new incredible flavors and experiences for our loyal customers, we are proud to announce the release of the first production of Schrader Hispañiola Cigars, the Schrader “DOCO-EST MMIX-I.”

We invite you, the Schrader Faithful, to the first opportunity to purchase these limited cigars. Whether you share with friends and family during the holiday season, or simply enjoy on your own, I guarantee you this is a cigar that you will not soon forget. Welcome to a whole new experience in the world of cigar smoking. Click Here To Purchase.

Salute,

Fred Schrader

SCHRADER HISPAÑIOLA Cigars are manufactured by the Para Ti factory located just outside of the city of Santiago in the Dominican Republic. Limited and rare, they will be made in single editions, and each edition will be one size, one blend and one production. The DOCO-EST MMIX-I, our inaugural release, is a Salomon-like format with a slightly “shaggy foot” (7.5" x 56). This dramatic and unique format was precisely designed to allow the cigar’s flavors to change and develop as it is smoked, much like a great wine changes with each bottle, glass and sip.

Manufactured in 2009, these cigars are a blend of three Dominican fillers: 2001 Corojo Ligero, 2005 Havana Vuelta Arriba Ligero, and 2008 Criollo '98 Viso. They are finished with a Dominican 2008 Criollo '98 Seco binder and a gorgeous Honduran-grown 2001 Colorado Habana Viso wrapper.

For this inaugural release, only 11,500 cigars were produced. The public allocation will be 1,000 boxes of ten cigars presented in a signature wooden box; each cigar is individually encased in a wooden coffin. Available only while supplies last.

Talk about a major letdown! I saw my inbox with Schrader Offering and got VERY excited. Great marketing plan since it’s almost guaranteed everyone will immediately open the email. Damn, I took the bait.

Jeb… I feel the same way. Will Suckling rate the cigars? If they earn a big score, will half be sold by auction? [stirthepothal.gif]

Herb Lamb sells cigars. Time for a blind tasting

Basically, $30 per stick, required box purchase of 10. Worth it? probably so, due to novelty.

I’m 86 points on that…Pass

After a bit of researching, it is definitely not worth a box buy based on the price per stick – perhaps only one for novelty.

How about ascots too?

Does TRB make these?

Nice+

Pass. Way

www.napavalleywineandcigar.com has a hugh cigar collection. Might as well keep it in the family. [wink.gif]

I wonder what the Santa Cruz Mountains and Anderson Valley will come up with to compete?

herb lamb makes cigars???

yup

herb is actually a cigar aficionado

One cigar = Three days of lost taste buds!

An easy pass . . . [cheers.gif]

I’m betting they have plenty of cigar box characters.

how will i look smoking one of these sporting my scarecrow medallion?

…pretty badass

While looking at your pictorial of Napa Valley courtesy of Harlan…

Wearing Colgin perfume