TN: 2015 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard

• 2015 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (3/29/2017)
    Love to be…second. :slight_smile:
    Pretty yet subdued nose of soft boysenberries and violets.Palate shows deft balance with a lilty high-wire act of bright red fruits lead by pretty raspberries and near ripe strawberries, you know the type; The awesome type.
    I have been a fan of this one since 2012 and have back filled to 2010 and this one honors the perfection that has become Sandlers Ben Nacido Pinot Noir. This is purely textured and its tannins are wonderfully resolved and an acidity level that adds lift, verve and tempo; this shows more wonderful C.Howards candy (violet) that I truly love/respect/awe at and a bit less orange peel/zest that I also love but one love easily replaces another. Not a rough edge to be found, this ends as graceful and as deft as it starts. If you are not getting these, boo on you. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had a 2014 last night. I just kept making ooh and aah noises, and was drooling over the fact that I stiłl have 3 more left.

eazy e’s 15 pinots are terrific. thanks for the note.

I like all the Sandler pinots, but I think Bien Nacido is my favorite.

Chris, I concur.

“King Cab” … great notes. I love these wines too. Have not gotten onto a 2015 Bien Nacido yet! But have some on deck.

Thanks, Mike and everyone for the great notes and comments! In these days of incredibly fierce competition and tough wine sales, it makes it all worthwhile to read threads like this.

Drank a bottle of Ed’s 2013 SLH Pinot with dinner last night. I like this wine even better than the single-vineyard Pinot’s, which are great. The SLH is such a balanced, lithe wine. It’s subtle on the palette but flavorful at the same time, a nice combination.