Charlotte, NC Q

Got a stopover arriving at 6pm, out 9 the next morning…

Anything good to eat near the airport? (we’re staying in an airport hotel).
or how much would a cab be from airport to say Fig Tree / Barrington’s etc?
Anything worth seeing at night in Charlotte? (with family and a 1 yr old at that point).

Is there car services like Lyft/Uber out there?

totally unaware of anything in NC so appreciate the help.

Cheers!

Mark,

There is nothing near the airport. Taxi is your only option short of renting a car to get to something worth doing/eating. If instead of staying near airport you can stay uptown (downtown for non-Charlotteans) or in South Park, you have lots of options. Both are a short taxi back to airport. Either way, Fig Tree is our fav located in the Elizabeth neigborhood. Berrington is in South Park and is also very good though not the most small kid friendly. Zebra in South Park if you like French. Uptown has the advantage of some things to see, though your schedule does not allow much time. My favorite uptown is Roosters. All local, best chicken in the south. They also have a place in South Park. Fun and well selected reasonable wine list.

Hope this helps.

Kelly

1 Like

Uber says it operates in Charlotte: https://www.uber.com/cities/charlotte

Lyft says it operates in Charlotte: http://www.lyft.com/help?article=1289444

According to MapQuest, Charlotte-Douglas Intl. Airport to the Fig Tree Restaurant is <10 miles; to Barrington’s Restuarant is <14 miles.

Otherwise I can’t help.

Uber is here, taxis are easy

I will be in Charlotte a week from Friday and staying at the airport as well but I will have a car. Any other recos?

Right no I thin we are going to hit Rooster’s uptown since it looks tasty and is in the appropriate price range. How will it be on a Friday night? Should I get a reservation?

Jason

Oh and I’d love to hear about any great breakfast spots.

Jason

Sorry if this is too late for your trip but yes Rooster’s uptown is solid and you probably don’t need a reservation. Aria is right there as well and has a great Italian wine list.

As for breakfast, tons of options. Tupelo Honey is a classic NC staple that just opened in Charlotte (its originally form Asheville, NC). Toast Cafe is a great as is Flying Biscuit. Amelies French Bakery is solid for simple coffee and pastries.