Napa bike tour?

Good friends of mine are visiting Napa this spring and are looking for a casual one day bike tour. Can anyone recommend something? Thanks so much.

http://sthelenacyclery.com/
This is the nicest bike store in the area. I would check with them. They also sell a great wine-related bike jersey.

Thanks, Jim!

Not to shill but we maintain links to restaurants, wineries, and things to do on our website. Here’s a link to the various bike tours and other “things to do.”

I would be a bit cautious about routes in Napa. Roads are not wide and then there are those who haven’t learned to spit.

There’s a reason why limo services are everywhere.

I get nervous every time I’m driving up Silverado Trail. All the bicycles and lack of shoulder… Too dangerous for me to be riding a bike…oh, and I’m a chubby bastard

I always get very nervous coming up behind a cyclist on the Silverado Trail, especially when there’s oncoming traffic. 29 has wider shoulders but there are a lot more turn possibilities where drivers may side swipe you or cut you off. It’s not something I’d suggest doing, even as a cyclist who is confident and aggressive in traffic.

Most of the way up the trail has good sized shoulders until you get north of Zinfandel Lane (where I work now). North of that, you do get some bike lanes around the curves that get very narrow and scary.