I want a room in NV for one night, not part ownership of hotel

We are going to the Historic Vineyard Society tour and dinner in Napa next month and just need a room for the night so we don’t have to drive home. Really don’t want to drive south to Napa from Oakville since we live to the NW but… Most places want a 2 night minimum stay. Cheapest I have found is the El Bonita in SH @ $260.
We are not cheap but this just needs to be a warm bed for a few hours then we drive home. If we were on vacation it would be a different. I thought Napa would be less expensive but the 2 night minimum makes the cheapest place $360. I know, it’s a lot cheaper than a DUI. I get it, but I’d rather not pay that much for an 11pm-7am stay.

Any ideas out there or are we screwed?

Note: Calistoga is half wa home. At that point we may as well just keep going.

I suppose Vacaville is too far away. The Hampton Inn there is less expensive and you could probably book one night instead of two.

Thanks but Vacaville is too far to drive. I could just as easily go home.

PM sent

Still on the hunt.

You don’t want to be driving through St. Helena at 11PM on a Saturday if you have been out drinking wine. Cut over to the Trail on Zinfandel, not Pope.

What does hiring a limo for the night cost?

When I was in Napa during one of the peak seasons, I had to borrow a small RV and rent space across from Randy and Carrie’s, in the RV/Expo Park.

I usually stay in the Best Western just down from the Silverado Trail beginning (or is it end). It had reasonable rates. Its next to a Denny’s too. :wink:

+1 that best western is pretty good

It might not matter but I think Uber just announced they are in Napa now.

The yurts at Bothe State Park are around $70 and look available.

I was just going to post this

Motel 6 in Vallejo…it’s as much a haul as Vacaville though.

confirmed. had a guy from Uber in the tasting room yesterday. looking to expand to Sonoma in the near future.

Maybe try priceline.com? They have an ‘express bid’ tab which is not a bid at all. It’s an offer to purchase a hotel room at hotels by star level for a fixed price in a certain area. they tell you the name of the hotel after you make the purchase. The maps are pretty good and by comparing the amenities of the unnamed hotel on offer to hotels amenities on the ‘List view’ tab sorted by the same star level, you can usually narrow down the hotel before purchase to one or two. It’s also a pretty good indicator if there aren’t hotel rooms on offer there that you are unlikely to be able to get a deal for the dates you’re looking at.

Sleep in your car.

One can still be cited for DUI.

Moving to Travel (reported thread)

If that’s an insider’s secret in the valley, I think I will be avoiding Zinfandel Lane on weekend nights.