Cuba in April

Typically, I like to plan my travel around wine. But I guess I can do rum a few days in a year.

Planning to go to Cuba for 6 days in April with a group of 6.

So far, only flights have been arranged. Accommodation, itinerary, other cities from Havana, restaurants, interesting spots to explore, etc are still somewhat a blank canvas. Any tips and recommendation would help!

Cheers!!

How are you getting there? On what kind of Visa?

Thanks, Paul. I will PM you for additional info.

Cindy,

I am not paranoid (just a little bit), but I would avoid writing this in a public forum.

Cheers
Christian

Sorta thought same thing.

PM me or post here with any questions.

entirely legal to go w permission through State Dept. We did it last Dec/Jan.

How about Barbados for the beaches, diving, wildlife, and Mount Gay rum?
Jamaica has similar attractions, plus a great music scene, and awesome Appleton and Myers rum, thought there is more crime.
Dominican Republic is bigger, and can be cheaper, and Brugal rum ain’t bad either.

No visa problems with any of these countries. And no brutal authoritarian dictators, using tourist dollars to support their repressive regime. But hey - who cares? They’re probably happier without all those capitalist distractions anyways. And aren’t all those vintage 1950s cars driving the streets of Havana cool?

Agreed but if going illegally you have to be very careful as the state department frowns upon that. You cannot use credit cards, you can have no passport documentation that you were there etc. Not worth it IMO as there are plenty other legal places to go in the Caribbean.

George