Travel from Jersey Island (UK)

This question is a stretch, but here it goes:

My wife is going to be spending 3 months on Jersey (one of the Channel Islands between UK and France). Looking for somewhere I could get to from the US and she could get to from Jersey to meet for a long weekend, but I also might spend a few extra days myself. Have done most of Germany, Zurich, Dublin, London, northern Italy, Edinburgh. Not a lot of interest in Paris (sorry Paris folk).

Have considered, but very open to other suggestions:
Bath/Cotswold, UK
Prague
Amsterdam
Spain (somewhere), but I think a longer flight for her
Normandy/Brittany, France

My wife is not a huge wine fan, so a region that’s solely wine focused would probably get the veto. But somewhere with enough wine related stuff to entertain me on my own would be great, but not required.

TIA for any advice

I would expect pretty much all jersey flights will be to london so you can meet her there and then go pretty much anywhere you want. Everywhere in Europe is 3 hours max. What time of year are you thinking?

Getting there from the U.S is really not an issue assuming you want to stop once. Europe is wonderfully compact and there are a lot of great/cheap flights. I am paying $60 1 way from Paris to Venice this summer on Air France. Off the top of my head.

Rome
Florence
Geneva
Lisbon
Madrid
Barcelona
Beaune
Provence
Normandy

Would all be very easily reachable by both of you and have a good balance for everyone.

George

This would be over next 4 months. At a minimum BA flies to London and Dublin. I think a couple smaller (FlyBe for one) have other routes. With time constraints, it’s probably not practical for her to do a stop in between, so need to get somewhere direct.

Thanks. She can easily get to Normany area via ferry. Is that area interesting enough to occupy us both for 4 days, then keep me happy for another 2 or 3?

Normandy has lots to keep you both interested. Of course, there’s the D-day landings (beaches, cemetries, museums), bayeaux tapestry, Rennes cathedral, calvados. You could easily train from there to paris or even Bordeaux in an hour or so too. You would fly to paris and either drive or train to meet her there. She would take ferry/hydrofoil to St Malo.

Alternatively, the direct flight to Dublin would give you a chance to explore Ireland. No wine for you but plenty of Guinness (!!) and lots of wonderful places to visit, spectacular scenery, wonderful people etc etc.

Here is a great thread on Normandy

George

So a partial change in plans. My wife can’t really get away from work long enough to go anywhere. So instead I’m going to fly over and spend a week with her on Jersey. We’ll be able to do a little hopping among the Channel Islands on the weekend, then I’ll have 5 days solo to entertain myself. My plan would be to visit all 5 of the islands that are connected via ferry (Guernsey, Aldernay, Sark and Herm; in addition to Jersey obviously). Any specific recommendations anyone has for individual islands and what not to miss is welcome. Pub recos earn double points.

Very good friend is from jersey and goes there every summer. I’ll revert with some tips.

I’ve found youtube to be of value, typically the tourist information centers publish propaganda which gives a nice overview of the major features and attractions.

Okay kids, got to Jersey on Friday. Toured the island with my wife on Sat and Sun. Toured the pubs by myself today! Ferry to Guernsey tomorrow. Flying solo on Jersey again Wednesday then ferry with my wife to France (St Malo/ Brittany) Thurs thru Sat. Fun ends Sunday.
Any late advice gladly accepted.
PS. Wine here…not so much.