Cabo

Any new restaurants worth checking out? Haven’t visited in three years. Will be there in January.

will be there in march so any info appreciated.

Was there for a 4 day wedding recently and only ventured out from our private home once but it was pretty good - http://palmilla.oneandonlyresorts.com/cuisine/agua.aspx
The resort is amazing. Ultra private, quiet. No wonder celebs flock to this place. Food was great as was the setting. All of the restaurants looked pretty good on site, check it out if your close by.

Reach out to P-Rob. I know he made it a routine destination for awhile.

I’ve been there 3 times in the last year and a half, and stayed solely within the resorts, so I’m no help. Where are you staying??

One restaurant we visited - where we chose to have our wedding - is Sunset da Mona Lisa. I recall the seafood was fantastic, and the butternut squash ravioli appetizer was really tremendous.

The setting at the Mona Lisa is what makes it outstanding. Seating is on a cliff with an unobstructed view of the ocean and Cabo in the distance. Only issue is if dining there make sure it’s a calm evening as there is NO protection from the wind if seated out on the cliff. The one and only Palmilla is all that and a bag of chips. They have the second largest cellar in Mexico with some huge markups. If you are into roaming around and checking out menus I would suggest going to Cabo del San Jose (I’ve never had a bad meal there). The town has plenty of eating options to choose from. Also has a nice artist district just off the square.

Las Ventanas.

Figures. Why I even asked, I don’t know.

[snort.gif]

Well…no reason to leave! Loved, loved my 4 days stay there. But overall- Cabo- meh…

I love it here, and more importantly, my wife loves it here. Already trying to figure out when we can come back.

Bumping this thread because we just booked a trip for early June 2015. It will be my wife and I and our 5 year old daughter.

Interested in any suggestions food or otherwise. Maybe a fishing trip? (no golf for us on this trip) It’s our first time down there. Is the town of Cabo del San Jose considered fairly safe? We’re generally adventurous eaters and love local hole in the wall or street vendor excellent food. That’s all we ate across Vietnam a few years ago.

Chris I’ll get back to you on the restaurants. Oh, and its clean and safe.

Chris these are the only ones that my wife remembers:
Mia Cocina
La Panga
Apostollis

for fish tacos Los Claros

Since this has already been bumped…
Has anyone stayed at the new Hyatt AI in Cabo? We are thinking of adding a few days to the end of a trip to San Diego (since normally wouldn’t go to Cabo from east coast). Will have the toddler with us, and suites at Capella, Palmilla, etc are a bit too much $ unless they start running some specials.

Always visit the trailer park, haven’t been in a few years.

http://www.vagabundosrestaurant.com/

Thanks Ed & Brig. Will put these in our spreadsheet and investigate. Plenty of time to research and get more advice between now and then.

I haven’t stayed there, so no first hand experience, but the comments on FlyerTalk are pretty positive … http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-gold-passport/1514719-hyatt-ziva-los-cabos-open-11-1-13-review-master-thread.html