Hilton Head, SC restaurant recs?

Will be out there in a month for 5 days, any recs for dinner? Would love a few seafood and southern/country recs. unfortunately, won’t have a car, and will need to stay rather local via cabs

Thanks for help
Erik

Hilton Head has a reputation for having a lot of good restaurants, but few that could be described as great.

There is a local giveaway magazine that has the menus of of about 100 Hilton Head restaurants in it. Pick one up. It will be a help. Also, you might check this site: http://www.hhidining.com/ .

Some of the better names would include:
Old Fort Pub
Michael Anthonys
Roastfish and Cornbread

A personal favorite is Red Fish. I especially like their wine policy. If you buy a bottle at their attached wine store, you can have it with your meal for $10 corkage.

The Pink Pig in Hardeeville for BBQ but that is up the road about 20 miles…

From a visit a couple of years ago, RedFish was one of our favorites. It has a connected wine shop and corkage is available.

We have been going to Hilton Head for 25+years and have eaten almost everywhere on the island. Some of our favorites from recent visits are Sage, Charlie’s Etoile, Ombra (Michael from Michael Anthony’s is now the chef here) and Ela are very good. Redfish is great for the wine selection at the attached wine shop with $10 corkage, food is hit or miss. For casual the wings at Wild Wing Cafe are the best.

Bob

Thanks for all the recs!!!

We’ve always very much liked the Carrabas outlet there. Wish I could remember some other places we’ve been to. Have at least heard good things about Sage, we may have dined there. Have fun!

Just back from HH. Michael Anthony’s is top notch and they were good about corkage. Server even knew who Elio Grasso was. Also had decent bbq/wings at One Hot Mammas. Did lots of cooking otherwise. Wine shop at Redfish was decent esp if Cali is your thing. Food looked/smelled great (we did not eat there). Fresh Market was best we found for produce, etc. Enjoy!

I’ve liked Red Fish in the past. Anything new or old to try?

Just got back from HHI and Savannah.

One of our “old” favorites in HHI is Le Bistro Mediterranean.
We found a.lure in Savannah - great meal.