Fredericks/Germantown MD - restaurant rec's??

Heading down this weekend for a lacrosse tournament and need some rec’s for decent food/wine restaurants. Staying in Fredericks, playing in Boyds near Germantown.

TIA.

Bryan Voltaggio’s restaurant, Volt is in Frederick. That would top my list, but I haven’t been there yet.

Thanks Ken. I saw that one on the google search I did, looked interesting. They say the lines are long to get in, so I’ll have to see. I’ll have my teenage daughter with me and her level of patience is shorter than mine.

Went to Bryan Voltaggio’s Family Meal in Frederick. Nice casual place with great food. The chicken pot pie fritters were heavenly.

It is Frederick – no “s.” Second Family Meal. Had to wait, even early, and it was jammed, but the food was very good.

There isn’t much else in the way of fine dining out that way other than Volt.

A colleague, friend, and member of my wine group up here actually lives in Fredrick. He sent me this:

Need reservations at all these restaurants.

The top restaurant in Frederick is
Volt
228 N. Market St
(301) 696-8658
Outstanding chef. Very expensive. Great wine list. Downtown Frederick.

Another very good restaurant downtown Frederick is
The Tasting Room
101 N. Market St
(240) 379-7772
Good food, but usually somewhat noisy due to the bar behind partitions. Very popular. Reasonable prices.

A little South of Frederick (perhaps 15 minutes) going South on route 355 just after crossing the Monocacy (Ma-Na-Ka-See’) river is
Monocacy Crossing
4424 Urbana Pike (which is route 355)
(301) 846-4204
Good food. Has outside seating. A country atmosphere. Not very formal. Reasonable prices.

A little farther away in Northern Virginia. Just after crossing the Potomac river. Perhaps 20 minute drive from Frederick:
The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm
42461 Lovettsville Rd
Lovettsville, VA
(540) 822-9017
Outstanding food. Very expensive. Great view of the river.
Dinner is not served every night.

Walked by The Tasting Room and it was packed and lively. Bills itself as a wine bar. We didn’t go in to look at offerings but heard the list is decent and mark-up is around 2 to 2 1/2 times retail.