Anyone been to La Cite du Vin in Bordeaux?

I’ve heard both glowing as well as very negative reviews. Anyone visited? Thoughts? Leaning towards skipping, but well, when in Bordeaux.

I was given a Viking cruise last year, Bordeaux dock is about 10-15 minute walk to Cite du Vin. We went over. Cool space, but not as fun on a crowded Sunday afternoon- the interactive stuff would be better on a slow day. The view from top (Belvedere) is great, but what a disappointing selection of wines- almost all co-op or big negociant. We tried a Fronton rose and an Alsace Gewurz, neither worth noting producer of (the Alsace was definitely a co-op).
The interactive stuff and holgrams range from silly to very cool, the IMAX-y film is spectacular, some of the historic stuff is very interesting. I’d say it is worth going if you can go midweek. Not bad for non-geeks as well.

I thought it was okay. Most of the museum part is interactive, so if you go on a busy day, you don’t get much out of it. The emphasis is definitely NOT on Bordeaux, but rather on wine in general. The best part of the whole exhibit was the smell section. If you sit down on one of the “quiz chairs” you might spot a Berzerkers regular who has an affinity for old wine. The view from the top is nice, but not exactly spectacular. And as mentioned, the glass of wine selection that is included in the price isn’t particularly interesting.

I had high expectations, and they were not met. If I had lowered my expectations a bit, it might have been better.