Berlin

We will be returning to Berlin for a week in September. Haven’t been for 10 years. Looking for recommendations of great restaurants for dinner. Life is too short to eat mediocre (i.e. not ‘vivid’ - see, Harrison, Jim) food. Thanks in advance.

Hands down my top restaurant experience worldwide of 2016:

Thanks, Mai. I booked it on your recommendation. Any other restaurants that you like?

That unfortunately is the extent of my wisdom, but as a major major fan of Steirereck in Vienna you can imagine how nice Noble, Hard, and Dirty was. :slight_smile:

Nobelhart, Fischers Fritz, Einsunternul.

Thanks, Russell. I’ve booked Einsunternull, too.

I wasn’t a fan of the style of Horvath but consider it. Same with Rutz (restaurant).

Cordobar is a must visit. But I don’t care for the food much usually. Hotspot is similar.

Arirang is a Korean I really like but I don’t get much Korean food.

Tim Raue was outstanding.

Tim Raue was outstanding and an amazing prix fixe lunch deal

Fischers Fritz was very good to excellent (but more straightforward)

Ah yes. Raue also very good. Martin and I are there a couple of years back.

The saucing at Fischers Fritz is another level, sublime. Not too many great values on the wine list though. Go a la carte, their Turbot is always superb but that dish costs more than nine courses at Nobelhart.

Would second that recommendation too. For wine. But I am an Austriaophile at heart anyway :slight_smile:

Will be there Sept 4-9, so tracking your thread :wink: Sept/Oct are my European gauntlet dates, so much appreciate any advice!