Best Long-Term Parking Options for SFO?

we’re traveling to Maui in July and will be leaving out of SFO.

any reccos on best long-term parking options? priorities:

1. Best price
  2. Ease of transport from parking facility to SFO
  3. Security

TIA

I use SkyPark on San Mateo Ave in San Bruno. Shuttles are regular, they valet the car for you, you can choose indoor or outdoor. They’ll even wash it for you if you like. When you lnd you give them a call with your cliam check # and the car is waiting for you when the shuttle drops you off.

Paul!!! One of my greatest interns ever!!! The '08s are still drinking well. I hope you have some left.

We just got back from Maui. When I saw the huge price increase at Long Term Parking ($25/day), I looked for other options. I found Park SFO, right behind the Long Term garage. It’s around $17 a day, and you can download a link for 3 free days on your phone. Save the email they send you with the link, then when you go to pay at the machine, make sure the bar code is “landscape” on your phone. I tried it in “portrait,” and an employee had to come help me figure out what the problem was. This was at 4:30 AM after our red eye.

We stayed in Kapalua. Where are you staying?

thanks Brian. i’ll check into that.

hi Ed - thanks for the kind words! that '08 harvest is one of the best experiences of my life.

i will check into Park SFO as well: hard to beat three free days of parking. we’re staying at the Honua Kai…just down the way from Kapalua in Ka’anapali. any reccos for restaurants?

We usually use Park SFO, they always have coupons, shuttle runs frequently. Often you have to valet though because self-park is full.

thanks Mike.

looks like Park SFO it is.

I don’t know your situation, but aren’t there buses that run from Santa Rosa/Petaluma to SFO? I always used that service when I was in Napa, much cheaper and less stressful than airport parking.

+1 for Park SFO

Paul - look into Marin Airporter. Their main terminal is in San Rafael, parking at the terminal is cheap and you don’t have to bother with driving through the city. You’ll have to do the math on where your break-even point is - and what not driving in the city is worth to you.

We had our 5 year old with us, and we were staying in a condo at Kapalua, so we mostly shopped for good fish each day and grilled at the condo. We did go to happy hour at Sea House in Napili, which was excellent. They have the most Hawaiian selections on their happy hour menu, of all the places we looked into. We had been there before when we stayed at Napili Kai in 2013. We also ate at Kimo’s and Leilani’s in Lahaina, both good, and Leoda’s just south of Lahaina, a fun experience with super good ahi burgers. We went to Paia for our last meal on the island, and had amazing fish at Paia Fish Market. Not a bad meal all week. Wine, on the other hand . . .

Stayed at the Honua Kai in March, great condo. There is a fish market a few blocks away if you plan to cook.

Happy hour at Duke’s is great, our kids are old enough to leave at the pool while we sat at the bar.

Mike - that’s exactly where we’re staying…and i’ve been eyeing the Happy Hour at Duke’s as well. [wow.gif]