Is there wine in Florida ?

Going to Florida for work in August (yes its hot), will get the family over afterwards (to support the economy and make 'merica great again) to drive from Orlando down to wherever the land ends (and back). Given the hot climate I do not expect much to do in terms of visits to vineyards - is that correct or is there Florida wine ? Also, any recommendations for Restaurants or things to do with a family are most welcome.

Many thanks
Christian

Florida is lakes and swamps, not known for any wineries. Take a side trip to Tampa for the not to be named steakhouse.

Yes, there are wineries . No, they are not great !

I stopped at San Sebastian (http://www.sansebastianwinery.com/) in Saint Augustine a number of years ago. There were a few wines that didn’t completely suck. I even brought the port style home and drank it later and lived to tell the tale. But I think that is north of where you will be.

Thanks Gentlemen.

Looks like I need to search out Restaurants for some wine experience. Sorry for being ignorant, whats nthe Steakhouse name in Tampa? Any other recommendations in Orlando, Miami or St.Pete ?

Many thanks
Christian

Bern’s is the steakhouse in Tampa. Legendary wine cellar …

Wine is made in all 50 states.