Relatively quick lunch in Barbaresco

This is a bit more of a specific topic than the general threads about dining in the Piemonte. Normally in Italy I like to allow for a long leisurely lunch. On our upcoming trip we’ll have a day in Barbaresco with an appointment at 11:00 and another at 2:00. Even though things are all pretty close, that will leave us about an hour for lunch. That may be a lot for some people, but is less than I would prefer.

Any suggestions for something in the area that gives a decent meal in that time frame? Not looking for anything fancy (dinner that night at Piazza Duomo), just good local food.

Hi Jeff
This Tavola Calda does simple lunchtime food, e.g. a pasta dish or two, toasted sandwiches etc. Simple cafe, not at all fancy. Perhaps best used if you find yourself really pressed for time, with other options with better food if you have > 1 hour free.

It’s about 20 metres downhill from the Communal Enoteca, so if you do a quick lunch, it allows you the option of tasting some wines there.

regards
Ian

Thanks, Ian. That’s just the type of place I was looking for.

Another option is Trattoria Antica Torre, right across the street from Produttori Del Barbaresco and 170 meters from Gaja.

We had lunch there between visits at Gaja and Giacosa. It took almost exactly an hour from entering to leaving.