Vegas question (asking for a friend)

My admin is going to Vegas in May and is a huge Thai fan. I seem to remember that the guy who ran Lotus of Siam left and opened a “new” place (years ago now I am sure). What is the name of the new place and is it better than LoS?

Too bad there’s not a search function on WB. newhere

Chada. Never been, but most lean toward it rather than LOS.

Your thinking of Chada. I’ve only been once while I’ve been to LoS multiple times. I think LoS isn’t what it was years ago but still fine. My one visit to Chada was I thought better than the current LoS. I liked both the food and the wine list better as well as the room. LoS after the expansion just doesn’t feel right anymore.

However, be warned that if it’s a busy day on the strip getting a cab to come pick you up can be a problem. We waited close to an hour and called the cab company multiple times just to be told one is in the way. Finally the owner (Aime) came in to drive us back to the hotel. Otherwise, I don’t know when a cab would have finally arrived as they could get all the business they needed on the strip. I’ve not had that problem at LoS, which while off strip isn’t as far off and seems to get more cab traffic.

Chada is excellent!

Bank Atcharawan departed full-time at Chada and Chada Street, got married last week, and opened The Patio Dessert and Drinks. Bank’s brother, Bon, continues to cook at Chada, where he shared cooking duties with Bank. The cooking and menu are very much the same. I’m looking forward to going to Chada and The Patio next month.

Was at Chada in August. Food was good but nothing spectacular IMO. Wine list was picked over.

George

Chada Street is better than the original Chada. Nice decor, good remodel job. Wine list is extensive, Germans and Champagne especially. They pretty much have a full page of Donnhoff, Schaefer, etc. and also have a program called “40 for 40,” 40 wines priced at $40 or less. These are not trophies, but very serviceable with the food.

Forget cabs and use Uber or Lyft.

If she is a huge Thai fan then she should try both. Let her know that Chada only serves dinner and closed Monday. LoS open every day for lunch and dinner except no lunch on the weekend.

All very helpful. Thanks gents

We had a very good experience at Chada Street last fall when I was there with my son and some other fathers/sons for a soccer tournament. It was not quite at the level of LOS in its heyday, but was very good.