Friuli Winery Visits

Hello,

I did some searching and while there are a number of mentions in other threads recommending that people visit Friuli, there isn’t really a thread on the region, the wineries, restaurants, sights, etc. My wife and I will be passing through on our way from Slovenia to Lake Garda, Italy, and we probably have one full day, maybe a day and a half, to explore Friuli. I’d be interested in hearing suggestions from anyone who has spent time there. We know, and would definitely enjoy visiting, the big names like Radikon and Gravner, which we understand are right down the street from each other. Any other good wineries near those two in case we want to try to squeeze in one more? Anywhere good for lunch and/or dinner in that area?

Separately, I’ve been told it’s impossible to visit Miani in Buttrio (like 45 minutes west of the two mentioned above). Is that true? Any inside info on making that happen? Any other hidden gems for visits, or any other things to do, generally in that area? What are your favorite towns?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Cheers,
Scott

I have no experience visiting the region, but I love the wines of Borgo del Tiglio. They can age beautifully, and I would imagine a tasting there would be very satisfying.