Washington D.C. Hotels

Going to D.C. in October (hoping to watch at least one Supreme Court argument!). Looking at Fairfax at Embassy Row, the Lombardy, and Hamilton Crowne Plaza as possible hotel options. Any thoughts? Alternatives? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Well, the Lombardy’s very nicely located–haven’t looked at any of their rooms in ages, however (some of the members of a trade group I used to work for liked the place a lot). Not personally familiar with the other two spots.

Thanks, Randall. I was leaning toward the Lombardy, so your comment gives an extra push in that direction.

Had a wonderful stay last week at the Graham in Georgetown. One block off of m st. Close to everything. Large room , well appointed and great staff

Xavier, I don’t know those properties. The Sofitel is directly across the street from my office (a block from the White House) and is a lovely small hotel. Clients who have stayed there speak highly of it. Don’t know if it suits your needs

Never stayed at that Sofitel, but certainly can vouch for the location; the hotel also has an agreeable restaurant and bar

Geoffrey and Neal, thanks for the tips. Those are both a bit more coin than I’m willing to put out for five nights, but otherwise they’re very appealing!
[cheers.gif]

When I was there last summer, we stayed in the Sofitel and had a lovely experience. The rooms were extremely well-appointed, service was impeccable, and the location was central to just about everything.

I moderated a cybersecurity panel in January in DC as well, and stayed at a lovely B&B in the middle of Georgetown called the Avery Inn. Also very highly recommended.

Understand that the Sofitel might not work budget-wise, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay there in Summer 2016. Really a delight.

Used to live in DC, and have stayed at the Fairfax at Embassy Row multiple times (though most recently three years ago). The rooms might be a bit dated, but a great location, and can find rooms for a great price (and get some SPG points). If you want to splurge a bit more, take a look at the Willard Intercontinental or Tabard Inn.

If your going for vacation and want to check out a new neighborhood, take a look at whats available in Navy Yard, up and coming area with some great restaurants/bars (Rose’s Luxury, Bluejacket, etc.) and near the Nationals Park.