London wine stores

Ill be in vauxhall. Any recommendations for a decent wine shop? I’ve searched the archives and seen berry bros, fortnum, and some of the larger department stores. Thanks!

Check out Hedonism in Mayfair. Really cool place, although I have found it a bit pricey for older vintages.

I buy from Berry Bros a lot, but the shop doesn’t have a huge selection. Still worth popping in though if you are in the St. James area.

Majestic and Oddbins are both nearby, but both are less interesting than they used to be, with single bottle prices at Majestic over-inflated and Oddbins also a bit pricey.

BBR certainly worth a visit for an old-school wine shop, but with a good range.

A more recent entry into the scene is Hedonism wines, about 500-600m from BBR. It has been implied that it’s a bit of an Oligarch’s playground, but the selection is interesting. Jeroboams used to be good, though they closed the city shops that I occasionally used to go into. Quite old school.

Not difficult to get around outside of rush hours, and plenty more interesting places a bit of a trek away, such as the Sampler (enomatic tasting machines in a slightly pricey shop - albeit with an interesting range), and Passione Vino (north of Liverpool St station) with an Italian selection so eclectic that it would feel eclectic if transported to Italy. Vagabond wines a bit closer than the Sampler for the enomatic experience. Philglass & Swiggott another option not too far away.

In general prices are a little steep in London, but that’s the rents for you. It more than makes up for it with an enormous range of wines available.

Thanks for the recommendations!