Sarasota restaurant recommendations

Heading to Sarasota next week and looking for restaurant recommendations. Looking for something nice/fancy one night for an anniversary dinner. Other nights fancy doesn’t matter, good food does. Pretty much any cuisine. BYO/corkage not necessary but happy to hear about places that do.

Used to “know” Michael Klauber of Michael’s on East online way back in the Compuserve Wine Forum days. Is that place still going strong?

Maison Blanche on Longboat Key is a nice place for an anniversary dinner. We have BYO’d but check for corkage.
We really love Blu Kouzina in St Armands Circle (Greek) BYO corkage $25.00 bring stems if possible
Michael’s is still going- but I have never been.

Thanks Suzanne, will try Maison Blanche. Blu Kouzina sounds good too.

We’ll be there for a week so we’ll try a few different places.

There is another place on Longboat - Euphemia Hay - that was good back in the early 80s when I spent a week in Sarasota every year. Ever been?

Yes, been a couple of times to Euphemia Haye. Their “famous duck” is a reheated bird and I don’t think they cook much al la minute. YMMV.
We tend to eat at home on Longboat Key most of the time and visit Blu Kouzima. I have a very good stone crab resource if you want to pick them up. PM me.

Maison Blanche was a great recommendation. Thanks Suzanne.

Panificio’s in Sarasota makes awesome NYC style pizza.