Boca/Delray Suggestions

Looking to take my parents out in the Boca/Delray area for my mom’s 75th. Who has a strong and reasonably priced wine selection? I could travel farther out from there but would rather stay closer to home.

I used to plunder list at 5th Ave Grill on Federal. Parents passed in 07 so no recent visits.

We took my parents to Arturos in Boca.We all loved it.The food is very good and the decor is lovely. Ask to sit in the Piano room.They have live music geared toward an older crowd.It is great for a celebration.They allow BYO and there were some reasonable wines on their list.I attached their list.

That list has to be at least 5 years old, 2010 Santa Margherita PG.

It was taken from the restaurants website.i was just trying to be helpful

While not reasonably priced, The Grove (Pineapple Grove in Delray) has an interesting list and the food is quite good. Order the grilled octopus appetizer.
http://thegrovedelray.com/home/

Caffe Luna Rosa, on A1A is incredibly popular and features Italian(ish) local seafood. We have not been in a while because of two consecutive visits with spotty service. They still get high marks on the traveler sites so I assume it was an aberration.

DaDa, on Swinton, is funky and fun but is more of a Mojito spot than a wine spot.

Have a cocktail on the porch of The Colony hotel.

The Wine Wave is a LWS with a good selection, but elevated prices.

The smoked fish dip at Capt’n Clay and Sons seafood market is the best in town.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions.

My mom’s favorite lunch for the two of us was Caffe Luna Rosa. I’m certain I’d cry if I dined there again.

Spending the winter here . . . many places allow corkage for a reasonable fee FYI (that’s what I have been doing most of the time). Most restaurants here have pedestrian and/or over priced wines IMO. But if you have to buy off the list, all of the top steakhouses (NY Prime, Abe & Louie’s, Chop House) have predictable lists (if expensive) and I have found a very nice selection of Italian wines at Casa D’Angelo in Boca.

What kind of food are you looking for?

As others mentioned Caffee Luna Rosa is terrific (wine selection is ok), as is Trattoria Romana (as well as Casa D’Angelo, as mentioned above.

32 East in delray is upscale and quite good, and they have a good wine list.

Can list many more if these are not fitting the bill.